Kerbdog related bands

Anything Kerbdog related
OTD

Kerbdog related bands

Post by OTD »

[quote=""dragginthru""][quote=""OTD""]Thanks for the kind words by the way. And yes, we're all big Kerbdog fans.[/quote]

Yo OTD did you lot get my message on MySpace about a promo CD for my club? Coz I aint had a reply yet!!![/quote]

I will investigate...

Kerbpuppy
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Kerbdog related bands

Post by Kerbpuppy »

G: "I havent really heard the old KD album as its really hard to get hold of"
C: "Ah, no, I wouldnt really bother with it if I was you"
Shit! Battle said that?!?!

Having written music and wanting to forget old stuff, I can kinda' understand his sentiments, but that album is an all time classic!

Kerbpuppy
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Kerbdog related bands

Post by Kerbpuppy »

Could people please tell me any other bands that are similar to Kerbdog / Wilt in terms of the sound.
Think I may have said this before... and to be honest, in terms of sound, they're only similar in the fact they are a rock band, but check Shihad out... The whole vibe around them is very similar to how everyone on this site feels about kerbdog... Their live shows are awesome - you've just missed 2 in london unfortunately... They do fuckin rock though!

www.shihad.com
www.myspace.com/shihad

s i m o n

Re: Kerbdog related bands

Post by s i m o n »

[quote=""Mark""]Could people please tell me any other bands that are similar to Kerbdog / Wilt in terms of the sound. Im trying to discover similar melodic style bands but dont know where to start ! I remember Troublegum by Therapy? was pretty similar sound to the Wilt albums in particular.

Thanks !

Mark[/quote]

Out of the covers that Kerbdog did a couple really blew me away which made me investigate.

The cover of 'Don’t Stand In Line' really got me into Ian MacKaye related projects like Fugazi, Minor Threat, Egg Hunt, Embrace, Pailhead, The Evens.

I was already in to Sonic Youth, but the 'Mildred Pierce' Cover is awesome, if your not into Sonic Youth already, check them out.

'New Day Rising' was my favourite cover they did. You have to check out Hüsker Dü and other Bob Mould stuff.

The cover of 'Kerosene' really got me into Steve Albini related projects like Shellac, Big Black, Rapeman.

Steve Albini is also an amazing producer. I love tones of the stuff he has worked on like, Nina Nastasia, Storm and Stress, Don Caballero Godspeed You Black Emperor!, The Jesus Lizard, Haymarket riot, SLINT…

He has also done quite a lot of work with a guy called Tim Kinsella who is in a few bands that I would very much encourage everyone to check out, especially Owls, Joan of Arc and Make Balieve. Tim Kinsella is my hero.

This is straying quite far from Kerbdog now and i could be here all day relating bands, but if you love music you might be into it.

Sorry if I sound patronising at all.

oh yeah, and of cause the Pixies.

Simon x

s i m o n

Kerbdog related bands

Post by s i m o n »

Moving on to Wilt,... I'm not a massive fan of Ultra Vivid Scene, but how good was Wilt's cover of 'Mercy Seat'.

Is it just me or do the b-sides on the 'Radio Disco' singles sound loads like Millencolin around the 'Pennybridge Pioneers' time?

There is also this band called Silt that i saw on the first Sparta tour (you know when they were good). They don't really sound like Wilt, but i think there records give off a similar vibe.

simon
x

andyman
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Kerbdog related bands

Post by andyman »

simon - you should check out the electrical audio message boards - a lot of people with somewhat similar tastes.

s i m o n

Kerbdog related bands

Post by s i m o n »

i will do, thanks

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Kerbdog related bands

Post by selwyn »

can anyone recommend any albums by HELMET???

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Kerbdog related bands

Post by dragginthru »

[quote=""selwyn""]can anyone recommend any albums by HELMET???[/quote]

They have a "Best of..." album and thats dead good.
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Kerbdog related bands

Post by selwyn »

ok cool. thanks

drexl

Kerbdog related bands

Post by drexl »

Helmets best albums 'Meantime'. But 'Betty' is pretty dam good 2.

sockpuppets
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Kerbdog related bands

Post by sockpuppets »

thats a good album alright. does anyone have facedown by turn? its a class song but not on antisocial for some reason, can't get it anywhere

danny141
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Kerbdog related bands

Post by danny141 »

i have it it, fantastic song -was on their debut ep check my ears - i reckon the six songs on this were by far the best thing they released. They certainly went downhill of late did you hear theyve split up?

Dead Anyway

Kerbdog related bands

Post by Dead Anyway »

Yes Left Side Brain rock, saw them years ago at the Bull and Gate, wish they played "Typical Virtues" a bit more, though..

Check out REUBEN, myspace.com/wordsfromreuben
KNIEVEL GENIUS, myspace.com/knievelgenius
FIGHTING WITH WIRE, fightingwithwire.com

sockpuppets
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Kerbdog related bands

Post by sockpuppets »

yeah it sucks that they split but they were going in a shit direction. The last album was shit compared to antisocial, they were at their best when they were heavy, two much make up and beretta sound