Kerbdog related bands

Anything Kerbdog related
Mark

Kerbdog related bands

Post by Mark »

Could people please tell me any other bands that are similar to Kerbdog / Wilt in terms of the sound. Im trying to discover similar melodic style bands but dont know where to start ! I remember Troublegum by Therapy? was pretty similar sound to the Wilt albums in particular.

Thanks !

Mark

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Kerbdog related bands

Post by mexicanwaver »

Therapy's Troublegum sounding like Wilt??? That's the first time I've heard that one!

Anyway, I've often asked the same questions. Probably the nearest thing I would compare to the Kerbdog/Wilt sound is the "godfather of grunge" - Bob Mould.....as well as being a solo artist, he was in 2 fairly successful bands - Sugar and Husker Du.

Check out Sugar's "Copper Blue" or "Beaster" albums, which are probably my faves.

Bob has a very different vocal style to Cormac (it's not everyone's cup of tea), but they are both great song/lyric writers.
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Kerbdog related bands

Post by krustofsky »

I find any band who are heavily influenced by the pixies (placebo,feeder),altough not excactly sounding the same but give off the same vibe,or maybe thats just me.As for the troublegum comparison,both bands are from this humble isle and thats about it.
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

mamba
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Kerbdog related bands

Post by mamba »

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Kerbdog related bands

Post by dragginthru »

I'd recommend the following mate...

Silverchair - Freakshow
Bush - Sixteen Stone
Three Days Grace - Self titled
Open Hand - You & Me
Dry Rise - download singles on www.myspace.com/dryriseband
Fuel/Fuel 238 (they have went by both names) - Sunburn
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

Mark

Kerbdog related bands

Post by Mark »

Nice one, I'll try and get them and have a listen

Mark

DaveGefow
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Location: Dublin, Ireland, Europe, Planet Earth, Galaxy 12A, Universe B.

Kerbdog related bands

Post by DaveGefow »

you know what sucks?

the fact that at the shows back last febuary (and almost all of the other shows araound ire that time) KD played 15 songs, but then at the show in TMBC at christmas they played all the same songs they did a few months earlier but the only difference was that they changed around the order of a few of the songs and left three songs out (same with the hammer, scram and cleaver).

whats going on? why did they leave these songs out? whay did they play only 12 songs recently instead of the 15 they did before? why dont they change their set aound and include some other songs?

the other thing that annoys me is KDs apparant disintrest in KD, i even thought a while ago that im pretty sure if someone went up to Battle and asked him if he is in a band, im pretty sure his answer would be 'no'. i dont know i guess im just an idiot on a down beat stroke right now.

andyman
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Kerbdog related bands

Post by andyman »

I'd agree with you on the song thing Dave, but you can't blame them for their opinions on the band. The shows really are reunion shows, and the guys seem to have moved on from it.

I suppose it's good while it lasts...

danny141
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Kerbdog related bands

Post by danny141 »

hmmm interesting points raised there- yeah ive always kinda wondered why they disregard material from the first album in particular. i remember watchin a show called 'the sound room' Battle was on it talkin about wilt and he pretty much wrote off the first kerbdog album - maybe modesty i dont know.

trouserpress

Kerbdog related bands

Post by trouserpress »

There's a cracking band called Sideswipe...from Bristol in the UK I think...a very uncanny Kerbdog sound...heavily influenced.

But, thats where the trail goes cold...I can't seem to find any info on them, though I do have a demo tape knocking about which I might "upload" somewhere soon.

goatboy
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Kerbdog related bands

Post by goatboy »

[quote=""mamba""]Check this lot out...

http://www.myspace.com/leftsidebrain[/quote]

Yes! Fucking great band and are obviously very heavily influenced by Kerbdog. I went to see them a couple of months ago and they were amazing!

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Kerbdog related bands

Post by dragginthru »

[quote=""danny141""]hmmm interesting points raised there- yeah ive always kinda wondered why they disregard material from the first album in particular. i remember watchin a show called 'the sound room' Battle was on it talkin about wilt and he pretty much wrote off the first Kerbdog album - maybe modesty i dont know.[/quote]

In 2003 after a Reel Big Fish concert, I was sat down having a beer and chat with Cormac and I was talking about the two KD albums, and when I mentioned album 1 it was like this:

G: "I havent really heard the old KD album as its really hard to get hold of"
C: "Ah, no, I wouldnt really bother with it if I was you"

:)
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

OTD

Kerbdog related bands

Post by OTD »

[quote=""trouserpress""]There's a cracking band called Sideswipe...from Bristol in the UK I think...a very uncanny Kerbdog sound...heavily influenced.

But, thats where the trail goes cold...I can't seem to find any info on them, though I do have a demo tape knocking about which I might "upload" somewhere soon.[/quote]

Sideswipe changed their name to Left Side Brain in the summer of 2001.

OTD

Kerbdog related bands

Post by OTD »

Thanks for the kind words by the way. And yes, we're all big Kerbdog fans.

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Kerbdog related bands

Post by dragginthru »

[quote=""OTD""]Thanks for the kind words by the way. And yes, we're all big Kerbdog fans.[/quote]

Yo OTD did you lot get my message on MySpace about a promo CD for my club? Coz I aint had a reply yet!!!