Copyright on Kerbdog material... releasing a cover...?

Anything Kerbdog related
dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by dragginthru »

Does anyone know the deal with the copyright of Kerbdogs material?

Dry Rise (my band) have a national release coming out over the summer and I have a bee in my bonnet about recording the track Dragging Through, as my tribute to the best band ever.

It would be quite an adaptation, lots of extra riffs and stuff but fundamentally the same song.

So would I have to ask the band etc, and also, do people think its a worthwhile idea? It is being produced by the same guy who did Funeral For A Friends new album "Hours".

Thoughts please!!!

Gazz
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

DaveGefow
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Location: Dublin, Ireland, Europe, Planet Earth, Galaxy 12A, Universe B.

Post by DaveGefow »

man thats one cool idea, and i think a adaption is always the best way to go when doing covers, i love people that bring somthing new to the original and not just make it sound as similar as possible. yes you would have to contact the band, and they will contact the label.

andyman
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by andyman »

You should throw it up when it's done

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by selwyn »

good idea, seen as you named ur band after the song in question. lookin forward to hearin it.

Kerbpuppy
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Kerbpuppy »

You're not gunna ruin one of my fave KD songs are you Gaz?!?! :lol Darragh Butler: :lol Darragh Butler: :lol Darragh Butler:

Terry Date's producing your album???? Very posh!! when's it out?

darragh

Post by darragh »

Sony BMG have the publishing rights to all Kerbdog material. You don't have to ask to use it but you (or your label) will have to pay them royalties depending on how much you sell. Any public broadcasts of Kerbdog material will monitored by the prs (performong rights society), and royalties collected through them, so you dont need to worry about that. Finally, its a big compliment to be on your release, best of luck!

Ps. its a rocky road.......

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by dragginthru »

[quote=""Kerbpuppy""]

Terry Date's producing your album???? Very posh!! when's it out?[/quote]

Not Terry Date, John Mitchell... I think some songs were recorded with John, and some with Terry, then I think Terry remastered it or something.

Its only an EP and will be recording tracks in July and then should be out end july/august. Its an indie deal so we cant afford to do an album yet, just wanna be seen to be "out there" as we've been quiet for a while!
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D