Kerbdog in Fibbers - 4th Aug

Anything Kerbdog related
selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by selwyn »

in fairness the guys got a fair point. i had to miss the gig due to myself having to play an important GAA match, i assumed KD would have been on at 10 or 11 the latest. i didnt get back till around half 10. i easily would have made the gig seeing as they were on around 1 or whatever. i pressumed with all the bands playin they would have started the whole thing around 8 or so. im pretty pissed off now about this. there shoulda been some indication of when it was all kicking off.

Dead Anyway

Post by Dead Anyway »

I'm sorry for anyone that missed it, the gig was just incredible, broken amps 'n' all. Was weird the band coming on so late, but who leaves a gig like that early? MENTAL

kirkd

Fibbers

Post by kirkd »

You consider 12.15 early to be leaving a gig !!! and 1am a normal time for aband to come on stage... is this your first gig or something ?

DaveGefow
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Location: Dublin, Ireland, Europe, Planet Earth, Galaxy 12A, Universe B.

Post by DaveGefow »

as saddam would say: "Hey relax guy!",

im sure it was not his first gig, and its cool you obviously like KD alot that you feel soo bad for not being able to stay...ect...
but thats life, you had to go somewhere so you had to go without seeing KD, Selywn didnt know the times and so had to miss the gig for GAA, i had to miss their Kilkenny Thomastown show as i had to play a gig that night,

ONTD MSSI DONOLD
2341 1342 423514

ONTD MSSI DONOLD
2341 1342 423514

ONTD MSSI DONOLD
2341 1342 423514

ONTD MSSI DONOLD
2341 1342 423514

ONTD MSSI DONOLD
2341 1342 423514

ONTD MSSI DONOLD
2341 1342 423514

ONTD MSSI DONOLD
2341 1342 423514

ONTD MSSI DONOLD
2341 1342 423514
Last edited by DaveGefow on Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kirkd

Fibers

Post by kirkd »

apologies... yep, i definitely wanted to see them again. been a fan for years and have caught them as many times as i could. as i was saying, my only point is that its unusual for a headling band to come on at 1am.. ive been to many a gig over the years, a box full of ticket stubs at home, and this is the first time ive been to a gig and have this happen. Yes, there are late night gigs, but they are flagged as such..

anyway, ive made my point... from what ive heard it seemed like they played a good set.

sockpuppets
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by sockpuppets »

the only problem with them coming on late was that i was pissed out of my face, class gig. laminate were fucking great too

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

[quote=""DaveGefow""]

ONTD MSSI DONOLD
2341 1342 423514
[/quote]

huh?
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

Dead Anyway

Post by Dead Anyway »

onday issmay ondonlay, i'm in! No offence taken Kirk, i just meant early as in before the last band has been on. I had the pleasure of speaking to Cormac after who hinted that he might play London "for the heck of it".

Or he may have just been wanting to get rid of the drunken twat that was telling him how much he loved him (me)

Belton

Post by Belton »

Yip,

I was so locked by the time they came on that my recollection of this gig is extremely cloudy altogether - a good night though as far as I know

danny141
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by danny141 »

good night alright-was jerry cantwell the guy on the door? i thought i saw him on the door for temple bar aswell- the support was good - Very impressed with skies collide nice mogwai/pelican kinda sound there

DaveGefow
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Location: Dublin, Ireland, Europe, Planet Earth, Galaxy 12A, Universe B.

Post by DaveGefow »

skies collide=v.impresive! they had this 'wall of guitars' sound which was amazing!!!!!really really good heavyness, the soft parts kinda sounded like "mew" and thats mostly to do with the drum beats and piano, and then the heavy sounds like "poison the well" and "Meshuggah", they were worth seeing for sure...............one thing that got to me tho....the guitar player on the ground (not on the stage) really got to me, and i mean really got to me! dont get me wrong i ABSOLUTLY love it when dudes rock out and go crazy on stage, but this guy just seemed to be craving attention more then actually being into the music, he was fuking his guitar around and kept on lunging into the crowd and in one of the cases the top of his guitar hit the guy standing to my left really really hard square in the balls, he was in real pain and when i asked him did it hit him in the balls he said no but "it came close", i saw it tho and i know it did hit him in the balls like it was a bulls eye kind of shot, but he was obviously embarrased bout it. so yeah i didnt like the guitar player (under the stage), the bass player on the ground was amazing tho!

anyone else have anythoughts bout this?

danny141
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by danny141 »

couldnt agree withya more! that guitarist on the floor chap was a little bit uppity alright he squared up to one dude in the crowd aswell staring him out of it - nice to see the entusiasm but clocking some guy in the nuts was hardly appropriate either. bit of an attention seeker for sure that lad. the rest of the band were proper cool though.

Dead Anyway

Post by Dead Anyway »

This is spot on, the dude he squared up to wasn't having any of it though. What was his job anyway, third guitar player - Iron Maiden style? Total isis vibe going down, very cool....

My fave support band was new york fashion week, thought they played a great set, should have been fourth on i reckon

Adrian
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Adrian »

The guy he squared up to was Evan Kelly, the bassist of Chemical Addiction,who was locked at this stage, so he just had fun with the guy.

I've seen The Skies Collide three times in the last three months (Twice supporting Slave Zero),and that guy has done that every time. Himself,the bassist and the the other guitarist (not the one singing) went crazy when they played Carlow, and they all threw their instruments around, sliding them along the floor etc, they just seem to really get into it.
At that same show the guitarist who had squared up to Evan started lying against me, still playing, and then just sprang off me back into the middle of the floor.

I think it makes the show better, but i can see why people think its pretentious and stupid.

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

"breakfast with kerbdog" was great i thought,you wud think a €1500 guitar amp wouldnt overheat though.
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly