When, where, why?

Anything Kerbdog related
Tiamat

When, where, why?

Post by Tiamat »

So when and where was the first time you heard Kerbdog?
Why did they attract your attention?

Mine was Bristol Sound City on Radio 1 and IIRC it was 1994.
The sound was so fresh and so different that it blew me away.
Spent ages trying to get the album - but it hadn't been released in the UK at that point and eventually got it several months later.

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

When, where, why?

Post by dragginthru »

I had heard the name of the band via the Radio 1 Rock show, probably in the era of the first album.. i didnt really pay attention then tho coz all i liked was death metal such as napalm death, obituary and any other such stuff!

I first proper noticed kerbdog one lunchtime at a friends house - watching pay-per-song channel "The Box" which was also home to spice girls, usher etc, the video for Sally came on, and i loved it. So I bought the single that weekend, and on the turn a few months later.

Interestingly, SALLY (video) is 10 years and 2 days old today. It was made on 16th August 2006. My how time flies!!!!!!!!!!!
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

When, where, why?

Post by mexicanwaver »

[quote=""dragginthru""]Interestingly, SALLY (video) is 10 years and 2 days old today. It was made on 16th August 2006. My how time flies!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

1996, u mean ;) Yeah, how time flies though! Seems like yesterday.

Anyway, my first Kdog experience was watching them at the Buckley Tivoli in the summer 1996 I think (around the time of the Sally single). It was one of those gigs by an up-and-coming band where you think maybe I'll go, or maybe I won't.

But on this occasion I was so glad I went to that gig! They blew me away with their live energy and consistently catchy yet heavy songs......and some of the guitar work that Battle was doing (while singing at the same time!) really amazed me. I was totally hooked.

I bought up all their back catalogue of CDs and went to see them again a couple of months later, when they came back to the Tiv. (They did 2 of those HUGE tours of the UK within th espace of a couple of months).

I'm so glad I went to that first gig though, cos if I hadn't, then I probably would never have got into the band at all :)
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

When, where, why?

Post by krustofsky »

megadeth in the sfx circa 1994-95 anyone remember dis?
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

When, where, why?

Post by selwyn »

first i heard of them was in kerrang in 1996 prior to the on the turn release. i was interested in them cos they were irish and everyone was raving about them. i heard them properly when kerrang gave away a free cd on the cover of thie magazine and kerbdog were on it with Severed. i thought it was class! I remember seeing the sally video around the same time and it was so catchy, i just loved it.
And i remember buyin on the turn the day it came out. i listened to it on a listening post in virgin megastores on the quays in dublin and just couldnt wait to get home and play it on my stereo!

Man thats 10 fukin years ago! The good old days eh?
Holy shit im gettin old!

Don1

When, where, why?

Post by Don1 »

In or around 1994. My brother bought the tape. Heh, tape! I absolutley loved it. Borrowed it so much it p**sed him off. I was only goin on 12 at the time so all I could affard was a blank tape to copy it. Sorry for the breach of copyright but I was only a poor child!! Got On The Turn ages after it was released as I was out of touch with what was coming out. Stuck on the TV drip feed drivel and missed it in other words. When I started getting into proper music again I dug out the old tape and it's still in the car to this day. Listen to On The Turn a little less frequently but still blast bith at full tilt whether I'm driving or playing guitar with them. "The Nightmare Before Christmas" blew me away. Even after waiting that long for the opportunity to see them live the gig still surpassed my dizzyingly high expectations!! :D Cormac Battle:
ow come I am so slow? Just wondering.

Tony Montana
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

When, where, why?

Post by Tony Montana »

First time I heard them was when they supported Therapy? in the SFX in Dublin. I think it was 1993, not sure. Anyway, they were the first support act that really held my attention, so much so, here I am 13 years later still a massive fan.

brian
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

When, where, why?

Post by brian »

metal hammer cd, pledge, 1996 - my eyes were wide! then bought on the turn after severed comfirmed the brilliance on a kerrang cd! both cd's also had shihad tracks which got me into them too. shihad rock also guys, check them out - www.shihad.com .

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

When, where, why?

Post by selwyn »

i actually still have that kerrang cd. i just found there yesterday. ah the memories!

sockpuppets
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

When, where, why?

Post by sockpuppets »

jesus looks like we all got into them the same way, god bless kerrang CDs

danny141
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

When, where, why?

Post by danny141 »

1996 some sunday morning many a moon ago. kerbdog were promotin on the turn on 'The beatbox' bein interviewed by either ian dempsey or dave fanning cant really remember. meself and me mate were speechless couldnt believe they were Irish, got that 'hairs on back of neck' thing that only affects you when you hear something really special.

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

When, where, why?

Post by selwyn »

i remember sein them on either kenny live or the late late show playin mexican wave! All the aul ones in the audience didnt know what they were listenin to!!!
I think it was kenny live. Can anyone confirm this?

sockpuppets
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

When, where, why?

Post by sockpuppets »

it was kenny live. I have that recorded on video

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

When, where, why?

Post by selwyn »

maybe we could get that up into gallery if possible (when its fixed that is!) im sure it can be converted some how....

sockpuppets
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

When, where, why?

Post by sockpuppets »

yeah i've been looking into doing that and a friend from work is going to give me a hand so il let you know what happens