Some Kerbdog Help Required

Anything Kerbdog related
xantheinmidget
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by xantheinmidget »

Hi All,

I can't believe I've only just discovered Kerbdog.com and also this forum!

I'm a big Kerbdog fan, although I've never seen them. Question is: will I ever get a chance?
What exactly is the 'bad' news about Kerbdog someone on here briefly mentioned? Is it that after just a handful of gigs the reformed Kerbdog is splitting again? Will I have to travel all the way from Bristol over to Ireland just to see Kerbdog???

If someone can enlighten me I would be very grateful!
Thanks
Alan

www.xanthein.co.uk

DaveGefow
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Location: Dublin, Ireland, Europe, Planet Earth, Galaxy 12A, Universe B.

Post by DaveGefow »

yeah i think i may be able to shed some light here.

although there has been a few positive signs from the band that they might continue on ie-they have been offered a new reccord deal and national shows announced...ect...ect Battle still sticks to his reason of "its just a bit of fun..." when asked about KD's heroic return.

They dont seem to have accepted the record deal from what i can see. and Butler said here not long ago that 'they would effectively like to contine on touring more with new material' and said 'theres only so much touring you can do with the old stuff'. But whether or not theres new material in the works we dont know.

The Disheartaning news im am talking about is: about 2.5 weeks ago a Kerbdog fan bumped into Cormac at a 'Public Enemy' concert, this guy asked Battle about the future of the Dog' but battle told him that the Dublin Show would be the KD's last.

But since then there has been 2more shows announced one in Cork and one in Belfast, and the Belfast shows takes place after the Dublin Show, so i dont know what Battle meant by his statement.

as much as i dont want to believe it i think this is KerbDogs farewell tour. I dont think they'll play England - though i believe they were supposed to among they're other dates at the start of this year but that fell through for some reason as far as i know. I would strongly advise you to come to Dublin for they're show in TBMC - as you do not want to miss this truely amazing Band you know so well. I travelled to Nottingham to see "Saves The Day" as they were not playing Eire and it was one of the best things that year.

I had a crazy dream lastnight about Kerbdog playing TBMC, so many weird things went on!!!!!!

Over and Out,

DaveGefow

xantheinmidget
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by xantheinmidget »

Thanks for the info! I guessed the bad news would be something like that! I really want to come over for at least one gig, although I'm not sure if I'll make it. I'm not that well travelled outside of england/wales (i've only been to the Netherlands once, and that wasn't a holiday!), so going to Ireland would be an exiting/scary experience! I guess i should be able to cope with flying over, staying somewhere etc etc, but I'm never done that before! In fact, I've only ever flown in Military aircraft! I certainly wouldn't want to get a ferry as that would make me very ill. Damn I want to come over!

Which gig would be the best to go to?
Thanks
Alan

www.xanthein.co.uk

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Prob the Dublin one for ease of getting to and back to the UK
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

andyman
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by andyman »

Plus the last music centre gig was really tight. I's say it's probably one of the best places to see the guys play

Conor
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by Conor »

Yeah there was a great atmosphere, everyone going crazy and singing along.
ome monsters in this game freak me out.........

xantheinmidget
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by xantheinmidget »

Cool! thanks for the info! Looks like it will be Dublin if I go!

Are there any cheap B&B's near by? Where would be best to stay?
Thanks
Alan

www.xanthein.co.uk

danny141
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by danny141 »

yeah that was me who met him at the P.E. show saw him there drinkin with dan hegarty went up and asked what the story was. he seemed pretty adament it was last show but now belfast and cork shows so heres hopin...

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

stay toghether

Post by krustofsky »

what i dont understand is why the kerbs cant stay together and play gigs like most bands in dublin they have a huge army of fans enough to make money at any gig they play they should do it as a hobby if nothing else hundreds of bands make it nowhere in dublin but they still play for the laugh
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

andyman
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by andyman »

Dunno. Maybe they see kerbdog as in the past and accept it. They could just be playing to relive the fun and please the old fans.

xantheinmidget
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by xantheinmidget »

[quote=""andyman""]Dunno. Maybe they see kerbdog as in the past and accept it. They could just be playing to relive the fun and please the old fans.[/quote]

Thinking about it, I expect that's the case!
Thanks
Alan

www.xanthein.co.uk

andyman
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by andyman »

I hope we're both wrong though... really wrong

Conor
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by Conor »

Yeah it'd be great if they went at it hammer and tongs one more time. So great.
ome monsters in this game freak me out.........