How & When did we get so... OLD?

Anything Kerbdog related
ninjated
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

How & When did we get so... OLD?

Post by ninjated »

Kerbdog were at the height of their game around '97... thats ten years ago now dammit.
i was 16 back then and didnt have a care in the world. somehow i grew up and got really old over the years since.
i saw korn in nyc last week and halfway through the show i realised that i've become 'that' older drunk guy who knows everyone & watches shows from the side of the stage.
i'm sure i'm not alone in this?

USAKerbdogFan
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Re: How & When did we get so... OLD?

Post by USAKerbdogFan »

I feel the same way.  I used to be youthful...energetic.  Now I have a wife, kids, and hardly even have time to play guitar anymore.
I burn a fire to stay cool.

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mexicanwaver »

I hear ya
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

USAKerbdogFan
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by USAKerbdogFan »

Sometimes I dream of starting a band again...and covering a Kerbdog song but really pimp it out like Dry Rise did with "Dragging Through."  I'm still not sure which one I would cover but the list is down to Dummy Crusher or Schism from the 1st album, Sally, On The Turn or Rewind from the 2nd, and Hard To Live...although I wouldn't mind covering Wilt's "I Want It All" in the style of the first No Worries CD single.

Now that I think about it, I want to cover Schism.  Notice my signature on here: "I burn a fire to stay cool."  Yesh.  That's it.

BY THE WAY, I would really love to get a copy of "Dragging Through" by Dry Rise.

ninjated
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by ninjated »

USAKerbdogFan wrote: Sometimes I dream of starting a band again...and covering a Kerbdog song but really pimp it out like Dry Rise did with "Dragging Through."  I'm still not sure which one I would cover but the list is down to Dummy Crusher or Schism from the 1st album, Sally, On The Turn or Rewind from the 2nd, and Hard To Live...although I wouldn't mind covering Wilt's "I Want It All" in the style of the first No Worries CD single.

Now that I think about it, I want to cover Schism.  Notice my signature on here: "I burn a fire to stay cool."  Yesh.  That's it.

BY THE WAY, I would really love to get a copy of "Dragging Through" by Dry Rise.
schism has always been a favorite kerbdog tune & i'd relocate to play in a band with like-minded people so let me know???
i have the dry rise version of "dragging through". whats your email?

eradicator

Post by eradicator »

varney.steve@googlemail.com

I'd appreciate a copy of Dry Rise's Dragging Through too if possible please. Good band. I met Gaz at a Kerbdog gig a few years ago and he gave me a Dry Rise Cd with a few tracks on. Good stuff. And yes I'm getting old as well now, 30 years old and passed it. Off to the Frequency Festival in Austria on Weds though to try and re-live my youth!!

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Would be more than happy to host their cover in mp3 or whatever format (lossless?) on here lads.
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

ninjated
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by ninjated »

USAKerbdogFan wrote: Sometimes I dream of starting a band again...and covering a Kerbdog song but really pimp it out like Dry Rise did with "Dragging Through."  I'm still not sure which one I would cover but the list is down to Dummy Crusher or Schism from the 1st album, Sally, On The Turn or Rewind from the 2nd, and Hard To Live...although I wouldn't mind covering Wilt's "I Want It All" in the style of the first No Worries CD single.

what is this "i want it all" tune?
i thought i had all the dog & wilt songs but i never heard of this one.
where did that come from?

USAKerbdogFan
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by USAKerbdogFan »

"I Want It All" was released in three versions:
1. Played at Kerbdog's last show.
2. On the "No Worries" 3 track single which came out maybe a year or so BEFORE the Bastinado CD was released
3. As a B-side on one of the official Bastinado-era singles - I think it's called an "evening session" version or something like that.

I have all three versions - my favorite is #2.  Let's trade songs!

ninjated
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by ninjated »

USAKerbdogFan wrote: "I Want It All" was released in three versions:
1. Played at Kerbdog's last show.
2. On the "No Worries" 3 track single which came out maybe a year or so BEFORE the Bastinado CD was released
3. As a B-side on one of the official Bastinado-era singles - I think it's called an "evening session" version or something like that.

I have all three versions - my favorite is #2.  Let's trade songs!
sounds good... what tunes are you looking for?

USAKerbdogFan
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by USAKerbdogFan »

Well, I really like the Dry Rise cover of Dragging Through.  I guess beyond that I'm not sure.

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by dragginthru »

Anyone who hasnt got it, just mail gazz.marlow@gmail.com and I shall sort you out

Its worth visiting our myspace this week, we just supported INME so as a little treat for our new fans we have put up all of our tracks for free download.

And theres EMERALD as well which you may not all have heard, only a few months old!

New songs coming in a fortnight, download only double a-side single!
Gazz
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

Conor
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by Conor »

Cool. I saw InMe in 2003 in The Ambassador supporting Feeder, they were pretty decent if I recall correctly. Overgrown Eden is still a pretty good album but I found it accessible when I knew that there were fans of Kerbdog. I remember reading an interview with them in Kerrang! where they made a mix-tape..
ome monsters in this game freak me out.........