silverchair review in media gallery

Anything Kerbdog related
krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

silverchair review in media gallery

Post by krustofsky »

the last place i lived had no proper broadband access so since ive moved ive been catching up on whats going on here,i found that review by silverchair of mexican wave very interesting,i know it was years ago but i detect a hint of sarcastic jealousy,,you could compare both bands as being very similar sounding but id say when they heard mexican wave they realised that was exactly the type of song they wanted to write but never could,yet they remained huge for years,it just proves that the irish music industry is full of shitheads and unless your some annoying acoustic songwriter or a poncy karaoke boyband forget about ever having your music pushed.
I know all that trouble kerbdog had with their record company was 10+ years ago but realisticaly nothing has changed.
We live in a horrible era of x-factor/simon cowell karaoke music. :-[
Id love to hear other peoples opinions on this.

ps isnt it great boyzone are back together.
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Re: silverchair review in media gallery

Post by Phily »

so, where might I find the silverchair review for the media gallery? :)
btw, yea can owe we for the Belfast trip by leading the Kilkenny trip!
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

mags page 2 on left hand side(australian dude sticking his fingers up)

Conor
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by Conor »

Silverchair are decent. I only have Frogstomp, mind but I think there's a similarity. Kerbdog beatin them though.
ome monsters in this game freak me out.........

kerbdawg

Post by kerbdawg »

yeah i dont think it's a very good review at all. definitely get the hint of jealousy from it. also, what the fuck are they on about how do you surf in Ireland?! Come to donegal and we'll show you!
I do quite like silverchair, but that review was definitely had a bitter hint to it!
I am making a list, I'm putting all of your names on it...

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mexicanwaver »

Bear in mind that at the time they did that "review" Silverchair were practically still in nappies. If they were anything like me at that age, they probably thought they knew what they liked and that anything else was shite. I reckon they'd manage a much more balanced and open-minded review if they were doing it these days......I mean for fuck's sake, after hearing early Silverchair no-one would've expected Daniel Johns to have gone off on the various musical tangents that he has done in recent years. So I don't think he'd be too overly critical of anyone else nowadays.
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by dragginthru »

Silverchair are my 2nd favourite band (Kerbdog being 1st).
Neon Ballroom in my opinion is one of the finest albums of all time, the perfect combination of cruching guitars intertwined with orchestra. Amazing, listen to it :)
Freak Show got me into the band tho.
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

USAKerbdogFan
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by USAKerbdogFan »

Silverchair is definitely in my top 10...maybe we need a thread for top 10 band favorites?  Frogstomp got me into Silverchair, and I like Diorama's orchestra the best.  Between the two of us I think we have all their albums covered, eh?  Looks like they have a new album "Young Modern" out now.  www.chairpage.com is their site...their music feels more indie/experimental.  What does everyone else think?
I burn a fire to stay cool.

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

me reckons silverchair and kd were both marketed to look a tad like nirvana at the time(94-96).anyone else notice this?

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

Conor wrote: Silverchair are decent. I only have Frogstomp, mind but I think there's a similarity. Kerbdog beatin them though.
beatin them a freakin mile :D

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by dragginthru »

I agree that both bands did have look a bit nirvana-esque. I remember a review saying Cormac looked like Kurt!!!! Cant see that myself.

Oh and the Young Modern album by silverchair - great, as long as you are prepared to forget that its silverchair. It might as well be a totally different band. Not one guitar riff of a heavy nature at all. More like an electro tinged franz ferdinand meets blur! Weird.
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

USAKerbdogFan
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by USAKerbdogFan »

The more I listened to Young Modern the weirder it got...who names a song "Those Thieving Birds" anyways?  Oddly enough, I still find it catchy.

It makes me think of how Kerbdog morphed into Wilt...though I'd like to see Silverchair revert to their grunge roots...and I wonder if they've revamped their old popular songs (Freak, Anthem for the Year 2000, etc.) for their live show.  I can't imagine Freak as a pop song though.

I almost got to see them on the Diorama tour...I had tickets but it was cancelled due to a really bad arthritis flareup in Daniel Johns' hands...oh well - can't win em all!
I burn a fire to stay cool.