UK Tour? New Album? There too good not to.......

Anything Kerbdog related
Korbdog

UK Tour? New Album? There too good not to.......

Post by Korbdog »

Watching the Dog @ the Village last Saturday blew me away, they where simply Awesome!

I don't know the ins and outs of why they are reluctant to tour or work a new album, it maybe work commitments or musical differences perhaps, i don't know.
But i do know one thing Kerbdog are too damn good to just wither away and die - period.

There's alot of bands out there that couldn't even tie there shoe laces.....!
There's also alot of bands out there since Kerbdog's commercial demise(mid 90's) that have inherited there sound or Hi-Jacked there sound - i.e. Biffy Clyro

It makes me angry >:( that new bands are taking the plaudits for Kerbdog's fundamental ground work. It's about time the industry recognized this fact.

I'm pretty confident Kerbdog could make a sucessful comeback, another record and 2 mini tours round Ireland and the UK.

Venues like - Rock City(Nottingham),Carling Academy(Birmingham),Roadmender(Northants),Barrowlands(Glasgow), that type of venue.

I've never understood why people went out and bought Therapy,Smashing Pumpkins,Radiohead, etc album's and not Kerbdog? it frustrates me something bad. ???

Sorry if this just sounds like a bitter rant, but i had to get it off my chest!  I seen Kerbdog twice in the early 90's and then again last week and i can confirm i still haven't heard or seen a better Rock/Grunge/Metal band in my life.

What do you all think?

Hello, I'm the same boy, The one you left behind, And if you find disturbing, I will eagerly rewind

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: UK Tour? New Album? There too good not to.......

Post by mexicanwaver »

I for one share your passion and belief that they are the best rock/grunge/metal band I have seen. Every gig I have been to (including the ones in the 90's) has had a great vibe and been a blast. I think it stems from the band being so unpretentious (compared to most rock-by-numbers and I-wanna-be-famous bands) and just making music that they love and what is true to them.

In terms of the albums, OTT is my favourite because it just really hits the spot with my personal music tastes. It's got the exact blend of heavy but catchy guitars, drumming and melodic vocals that I like. It was obviously a bit of a departure from their first album, which I also love - but more for its rawness and aggression.

I was always a Therapy? and Smashing Pumpkins fan too, but for me Kerbdog were at the top of the pile.

I'm also a Biffy fan and I can see SOME comparison in their sound (afterall, they cited Kerbdog as one of their favourite bands), but they're also very much their own band (albeit a very inconsitent one). And I don't think they're in any way trying to take credit for Kerbdog's groundwork. Infact I'm just pleased to see creative bands like Biffy making a name for themselves amidst a sea of mediocrity. This is another band whose passion is there for all to see whenever they play live.

But yeah, maybe Kerbdog did some sort of "groundwork" as you say, by bringing out OTT in 1996/1997 which was pretty distinctive compared to most of the other stuff around at the time. It still sounds fresh nowadays......and perhaps that's an indication that something that is never in fashion never goes out of fashion. And if Kerbdog were 10 years younger and were releasing OTT now, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be a success. There are so many more multimedia avenues now where even the shiteetiest of self-publicised bands can get heard by thousands/millions of people. But anyway, there's no point speculating on ifs and buts.

Some of us on here have been banging on for years about how much we'd love a new album. Whether or not this will happen, only time will tell. But in the meantime just getting to watch them play again is a bonus.....considering their sudden break-up in the late 90's and thinking that we'd never see them again!

I didn't get to chat to the band on Saturday, but I know some of the folks on here met them in Whelans. Maybe they had chance to ask directly about new material? Anyone?
Last edited by mexicanwaver on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

ott is the best album ever released since nevermind,there is no doubht.
hate to burst the bubble but i read somwhere(on another post)that battle is sick of trying and being kicked back and is happy enough being a dj for the time being,it would be a tragedy if he stopped writing music full stop,be it for kerbdog or any other band,judging by the reception theyve been getting i doubht greedy record companies with € signs in therye eyes havnt been paying attention.
Daragh Butler once told me that it takes at least six months for kd too even organise a gig as they all individually have an awful lot on these days.
We live in hope of another album in the coming years but i doubht battle and co want to go down the road of all the hype and risking being dropped for a third time.
If they had have taken it to america in the late nineties things might have been a lot diffrent,altough we mightnt have had 2 great wilt albums,saying that wilt im sure would have broken america given a chance.
We wait and see,who knows,we may even get a wilt reunion.....................
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

Korbdog

Post by Korbdog »

I have never been able to decide which of there two albums is the best, if i listen to OTT i think to myself.... it doesn't get better than this, then i stick the self titled record on and think that's the best thing since sliced bread! the good news is they are two classics in there own right, very different but for me equally as good. I love the uncomprimising galloping,jumping metal riffs on the first record, which i'm sure Billy bought to the table... but on the other hand the melodic content on OTT is sublime.

To Mexicanwaver i was probably being a little harsh on Biffy before, i also like Biffy and have seen them live a couple of times and as you say they don't exactly imitate Kerbdog.
It's just there and other bands success is a hard pill to swallow sometimes if your an avid Dog fan. You also made a good point about being happy to see them perform again.

I think sometimes you have to get back on the horse and Kerbdog's horse is in waiting.

Finger's crossed they jump on!

To Krustofsky, On Wilt i half agree with you, i think they had one great album - My Medicine. Personally i think Bastinado was pretty poor, my feeling there is Cormac went outside his "box" to produce something "radio friendly" and my gut feeling is this was due to Kerbdog's unsavory sound to many. I guess what i'm trying to say politely is i think in some ways hate to say he "sold out" a little on that album(even though Wilt are one band and Kerbdog are another). Where as "My Medicine" for me was a masterpiece and in some ways echoes some of the work on OTT, tracks like Distortion and Take me home for instance, but i think the show stopper on that album was the song "My Medicine" a true great.

I appreciate both your reply's on this topic and i know you's are massive Dog fan's and have done alot for the band down the years with this Forum and i'm sure other things. So as a fellow Kerbdog fan i thank you's for this because at the end of the day there future success if they choose to embark will hinge to some extent on fan's like you and me.

"Happy New Year" to all

Hello, I'm the same boy, The one you left behind, And if you find disturbing, I will eagerly rewind

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

Korbdog wrote: I appreciate both your reply's on this topic and i know you's are massive Dog fan's and have done alot for the band down the years with this Forum and i'm sure other things.
Thanks dude,in fairness Philys done 100% of the work on here,you make a good point about the wilt albums, i liked my medicine but i found it was actually the b-sides(oddly enough mostly songs written for kd i believe) from bastinado which are my favourite wilt tunes.
I would actually really look forward to a wilt reunion if it ever happens............... ;)
Last edited by krustofsky on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danny141
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by danny141 »

Hmm Wilt reunion....controversial, but i really really hope not

Wilt were for me that thing that got in the way of kerbdog '97 and the re-union in '05.

I bought both albums, Bastinado got a good spin in the cd player- let down by production i think, and My Medicine was, apart from Take me Home, fairly bog standard stuff. Nothing that could make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck like KD's stuff. Just felt the whole thing was watered down and some of the lyrics sounded recycled and (sorry Cormac) lazy. They were capable of so much more but they simplified too much, sacrificing innovation for melody i think.

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

i read on another post that a wilt reunion was joked about between battle and derren,who knows,like most people id much rather see more kd material,as for the biffy clyro comparisons,i really dont see them myself.

USAKerbdogFan
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by USAKerbdogFan »

And I'd like to see a KD tour of the States...so I can afford to go!  I'm about 8 hours from New York City...just take a bus or train there and back.
I burn a fire to stay cool.