Kerbdog Live Kilkenny Aug 23rd

Anything Kerbdog related
fyfe79
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Re: Kerbdog Live Kilkenny Aug 23rd

Post by fyfe79 »

Cool pictures - I must say Billy looks completely different to what I expected!

For some reason, I imagined him with a bald spot and a pot-belly.  :D

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

> For some reason, I imagined him with a bald spot and a pot-belly

Billy was always the most metal looking one of the bunch. I only saw him play with them once, in 1994*, but at the time I though Battle and Colin were twins as they looked quite similar on stage (Battle had curtains and Colin's hair was quite long compared with later on) and Darragh had quite short hair. Billy's hair was long and looked quite wavy from what I remember and have seen on video. He actually looks thiner than he did back then for some reason - so does Battle and Colin. Battle, I'm sure will admit, was a little heavy. Darragh never seems to age or look any older. I wish I knew his secret!

* That gig (Therapy?, March 1994, Pyramids centre, Portsmouth) was like a turning point. Never really heard much about Kerbdog before, became an instant lifelong fan afterwards. I came away fired up about music and being in bands and whenever I get fired up about that kind of thing since then, it takes me right back to that moment ;)

RogerHH

Post by RogerHH »

I just got home, too ... back in Hamburg, Germany  ;D

Was worth the trip, even though the place was tiny, packed and very loud. I loved it  ;D
I had a hard time believing my eyes when people started stagediving ... hehe.
You irish people really know how to party!  :o

So hopefully anybody will offer a recording soon - I know there was a videocamera poiting to the "stage", so please let us know wheather there will be something available on tape! :)

Roger

Adrian
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Adrian »

All shots (both Black & White and Color), are now up on my website/bebosite!

www.bebo.com/sbdphotography for anyone who wants a look.

goatboy
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by goatboy »

I had such a good night. Kerbdog were on top form and I had loads of fun.

It was my first time in Kilkenny and it was a lovely place.

Cheers.

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mexicanwaver »

Glad you enjoyed the gig Goatboy. I certainly wish I could've made it too. I've never been to Kilkenny before either - but hopefully one day for another Dog show (Kerbdog that is, not Crufts).

Put my mind at rest will ya....are you half-goat-half-boy? Or perhaps merely a boy who was raised by a herd of wild goats?
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

On_The_Turntables
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by On_The_Turntables »

can't wait for this DVD to come out  ;D
Conor :)

goatboy
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by goatboy »

mexicanwaver wrote: Glad you enjoyed the gig Goatboy. I certainly wish I could've made it too. I've never been to Kilkenny before either - but hopefully one day for another Dog show (Kerbdog that is, not Crufts).

Put my mind at rest will ya....are you half-goat-half-boy? Or perhaps merely a boy who was raised by a herd of wild goats?
Yeah, I was pretty fortunate to be able to make the show. I was gutted I couldn't make the London show the weekend before, so made the effort to get to Kilkenny.

I really enjoyed most of the other bands. I caught the end of DALI (I think) who were amazing and kinda wish I caught their whole set. Good Tiger started slowly but I loved their last 3 songs. The 2 Fantastic 3 were unreal. One of the best bands I've seen for a long time and real nice guys too and all of the other bands were decent enough, although I wasn't so keen on the rapper who was on just before Kerbdog. It was tough enough to understand what people from Kilkenny are saying, but whenever they're rapping it's twice as hard!

PS - I am actually a goat that was raised by a herd of boys.

miece
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by miece »

although I wasn't so keen on the rapper who was on just before Kerbdog. It was tough enough to understand what people from Kilkenny are saying, but whenever they're rapping it's twice as hard!

yeah you really need to be from kilkenny to understand the accent when he was rapping. i thought he was really good and funny too but i understood what he was saying  ::)