Kerbdog Live London Aug 16th SOLD OUT

Anything Kerbdog related
MattWPBS

Re: Kerbdog Live London Aug 16th SOLD OUT

Post by MattWPBS »

I've got one on eBay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0249581447

Mate dropped out, and no-one else I know wants to go (Career Suicide playing the same day, or they don't have taste - make your own mind up). There's no reserve on it or anything. Might list the t-shirt from the tour of record shops at some point as well - got it at the Rock Box in Camberley. Good times. Does anyone know if they're going to be playing a fair bit of stuff off On The Turn?

Korbdog

Post by Korbdog »

As a 3-piece usually 80% of there live show is material from OTT, if Billy turns up however it could be a 50/50 affair (i for one hope so).

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

I have 1 (one, a single) spare ticket. This is due to having 2 tickets, but one of the two other mates coming tomorrow has a +1 on the guest list. If I don't find another body to use my spare ticket, I'll be hawking it outside the venue.

Is anyone still looking for 1 ticket? I will accept the best offer that either matches or is over what I paid. Starting price is £10 (ticket face value + booking fee + postage was around that.)

The catch? Not sure exactly when we're coming up yet (but we need to see first band coz mate is reviewing journo type), so you'd need to be willing to meet outside the venue (prior to door opening time) and would need to provide me a contact number for on the day for me to let you know arrangements if we manage to get up to London earlier.

NB. We will arrange a time in advance. If you don't turn up or I can't find you within 15 mins of the alloted time, I'll sell to the first tout/punter for whatever I can get. I *will* attempt to phone prior to selling. DON'T BE LATE!

rimmer

Post by rimmer »

Memson,
i'm interested in your ticket as another friend is now wanting to come
i will be traveling up mid afternoon so will be in london about half four five o'clock
you can contact me on this number 0797******* and we can arrange a time to meet
etc.
many thanks

Phily edit: Gigs past so I'm protecting yea from spam! :)
Last edited by Phily on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

rimmer wrote: i'm interested in your ticket as another friend is now wanting to come
Not wanting to mess you about, my mate was also trying to find a taker (as this reply happened after I last spoke to him.) I'll check with him.... if I get good news I'll call you. If you don't hear from me by 3pm, assume the worst.

unclesam

Post by unclesam »

hey from canada... good to hear Kerbdog are releasing their furry on the world again..............

SOMEONE GET THESE SHOWS ON VIDEO WITH A SOUNDBOARD FEED..............................

use a tripod, get a couple cameras, get the bands permission to plug into the soundboard..........

watch my Kerbdog video on youtube for DUMMY CRUSHER the single version...........................

rock for life...

Brad in Canada ***********@gmail.com

Phily edit: I've requested videos/pictures of the gig in another thread/topic - protecting yea from spam :)
Last edited by Phily on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

OMFG OMFG OMFG...!

Absolute GENIUS!!!!

Tripp
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Tripp »

That was fucking quality.

vigo

Post by vigo »

fucking great show if annoyingly short. i saw them at the second reunion gig at TBMC and although it was great, you could tell they were a bit rusty and having a laugh. last night they were tight and thoroughly enjoying it. hopefully the constant chants of "UK Tour!" wil have encouraged them. damn you battle - make another record and tour!!

stan

Post by stan »

last night was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

vigo wrote: damn you battle - make another record and tour!!
Fuck it, make another EP, release it exclusively on iTunes or CDBaby or something like that. Just DO IT dammit! ;)

kat27

Re: Kerbdog Live

Post by kat27 »

i have noticed on Ticketmaster that you are doing another Dec gig in Dublin, came over last year and it was amazing but struggling to find the funds to do it again this year, will Kerbdog be doing a UK tour in 2009????????????

fyfe79
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by fyfe79 »

Any surprises at the London gig, or usual set?

I'm guessing: Sally, JJs Song, Didn't Even Try, Mexican Wave, Severed, Pledge, On The Turn, Secure, Rewind, End of Green, Dry Riser, Earthworks, Cleaver.

Give or take.

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

fyfe79 wrote: Any surprises at the London gig, or usual set?

I'm guessing: Sally, JJs Song, Didn't Even Try, Mexican Wave, Severed, Pledge, On The Turn, Secure, Rewind, End of Green, Dry Riser, Earthworks, Cleaver.

Give or take.
It was pretty much:

Pledge, On the turn, Mexican wave, Dry Riser, Rewind, Severed, Didn't even try, End of green and JJ's.

I don't think they played any others, they might have played one less. It's extrapolated from the Dublin '05 set list, as it was pretty much the same order from what I remember. Nothing suprising, nothing new. All played extremely well - much better than the recordings I've heard of Dublin/Belfast. Tight as hell.

Before they played each of the singles from OTT, Battle joked about them being "hypothetical hits", that made the crowd pretty happy. There were shouts of "we like the old stuff" but they stuck to a fairly safe set all round. Battle drew out the start of EOG, but he didn't do the mess about he tended to do previously. It was without flange/phase, but it was a lot more like the original. I can't remember Dry riser all that well, but I'm sure that was tighter than normal too (given the last couple of times I saw them play it..)

Theboyritchie

Post by Theboyritchie »

Kerrang magazine have given this gig 4 out of 5 Ks in their live review this week. Probably would've given them 5 'if their faces looked better'! :D