Kerbdog In Session - Radio 1 1993

Anything Kerbdog related
co_fragment

Kerbdog In Session - Radio 1 1993

Post by co_fragment »

I've been meaning to get these songs transferred for the longest time, I hope everyone enjoys them. I also have the Radio 1 Glasgow Sound City gig that I'll be transferring soon (ish).

I'm a novice with audio software, so if anyone can do a better job cleaning these files up, please do so and post the results. You'll have to forgive the 3 second blank spot near the start of Dry Riser, I'm pretty sure I must have pressed 'play and record' at some point in the dim and distant past and erased a few seconds by mistake. If anyone has better copies of these sessions I hope you'll post them.

I'm not sure what the legality of posting these files in the media gallery would be - from a Kerbdog point of view, I'd think it's ok, but the BBC might not agree. They are megauploaded at present - that means they won't be there forever.

FLAC + MP3 versions - master recording & individual songs for those who really want FLAC format or would like to try and clean up the audio. (350MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGPELRYB
MP3 files only - same songs, in MP3 format only, ie good enough if you just want to chuck it on your MP3 player (20MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L0HERCO3

If you've any questions, especially if the link doesn't work, please get in touch.

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Kerbdog In Session - Radio 1 1993

Post by Phily »

Nice, thanks for uploading co_fragment!
Sound quality is great as well :) will throw them up in the Media Gallery when and mo.  Would yea mind if I threw them up on the Kerbdog.com YouTube channel?
Last edited by Phily on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

co_fragment

Post by co_fragment »

No problem, I just want to do my own bit to help keep this the definite KD resource online. Please feel free to stick them on you tube if you like.

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Great stuff :) They are now up in the Media Gallery and I also threw up a Kerbdog.com edit to remove more of Claire's voice.
Will see about youtube uploads soon to spread the joy.

The Radio 1 Glasgow Sound City gig you have, might it be this one? If it isn't, great stuff. Sure if it is and your version has more tracks or is better quality then I look forward to yea getting it uploaded.

Thanks again for uploading!  8)
Last edited by Phily on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Sorry For The Record-

co_fragment

Post by co_fragment »

My mistake, I always thought of this gig as 'the Sound City' one, it's the same show, didn't know the place was the Tramway. I just tried listening to the mp3 in the media gallery vs the tape I've got and they seem to be about the same quality.

I've been going through my old tapes from the early/mid 90s seeing what was worth keeping - Kerbdog was top of the the list and unfortunately that's all I have of them. I don't know if they did anything else for Radio 1, if they did I never heard about it.

The one thing I always wanted to see was the interview they did with 'Raw Power' when they were on tour with The Almighty. VCR programming fail.

Pointless
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Pointless »

Thanks for this! Never would have thought that they had a Radio 1 Session with their first album - then again its easy to forget the stir they created when they came on the scene. Sounds fresher than the majority of over-produced, skinny jeaned bands of today.

chr1s?

Post by chr1s? »

Cheers for the sound city recording!!! I was at that gig and it's great to hear it again. I've had the Therapy? Set from the same show so its good to eventually be able to play them both together!!! :)

trash_the_gaff
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by trash_the_gaff »

Taped the Tramway show when it was broadcast and I still think that the rendition of 'Same With The Hammer' is the best version that exists - don't get me wrong, love the studio version from Dry Riser 7" but there's something about this live version that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

trash_the_gaff wrote: Taped the Tramway show when it was broadcast and I still think that the rendition of 'Same With The Hammer' is the best version that exists - don't get me wrong, love the studio version from Dry Riser 7" but there's something about this live version that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!
Might you still have said recording?
-Sorry For The Record-

chr1s?

Post by chr1s? »

Phily wrote:
trash_the_gaff wrote: Taped the Tramway show when it was broadcast and I still think that the rendition of 'Same With The Hammer' is the best version that exists - don't get me wrong, love the studio version from Dry Riser 7" but there's something about this live version that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!
It's in the media gallery on here. I was there. Strange set up from my hazy memory. Was a 2 stage gig, but my ticket was for the stage with Therapy?, Kerbdog and Kaliphz (think that was how it was spelled) with The Wonder Stuff and Buffalo Tom on the other stage. The whole thing was broadcast live on the night. It was part of a thing called Sound City, which was a week of gigs in the Tramway all broadcast on Radio 1.

trash_the_gaff
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by trash_the_gaff »

chr1s? wrote:
Phily wrote:
I think it might be in my loft with a bunch of other cassettes.  I'm in Japan at the mo but I'll be back early April and will have a root about, see what I can find...
It's in the media gallery on here. I was there. Strange set up from my hazy memory. Was a 2 stage gig, but my ticket was for the stage with Therapy?, Kerbdog and Kaliphz (think that was how it was spelled) with The Wonder Stuff and Buffalo Tom on the other stage. The whole thing was broadcast live on the night. It was part of a thing called Sound City, which was a week of gigs in the Tramway all broadcast on Radio 1.