my theory on no new kerbdog material

Anything Kerbdog related
krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

i wonder if the reason that there will be no new material is because it might sound too wiltish. no worries and i want it all were apparently some of the last kerbdog songs to be written before the initial breakup ,both of which were classic wilt songs and some of battles finest work so it was obvious what songwriting direction it was going in,could it be the case now that they dont want to go down the same road again?anyone any thoughts?
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

NeilC

Post by NeilC »

I agree... You can see the transition between Kerbdog and On The Turn, and then again from On The Turn to the Wilt albums, i actually think it's probably pressure from record companies etc "need to be more commercial/radio friendly" maybe? maybe not, but I deffo prefer early Kerbdog stuff...

Oh well....

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

...and just the other day someone said to me that they liked the 'On The Turn' album more. I have to say I like both of them the same as they have their good points and bad points (which I cant think of right now as im kinda drunk.)
Can't see Battle attempting to write new stuff since hes a DJ on 2FM. No chance to tour with new stuff.
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

its would be a crying shame if he stopped writing music,battle has more talent in his left bigtoe than that ponce that won the x-factor,whats wrong with this world??louis walsh comes to mind

andyman
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by andyman »

[quote=""Phily""]...and just the other day someone said to me that they liked the 'On The Turn' album more. [/quote]

That's really strange. I heard On The Turn before i heard Kerbdog and I was much more impressed with it. The first album was a lot more heavy metal whereas the second kind of perfected that aggressive punk rock sound.
As for the new stuff, I think Battle's just sick of trying.

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by dragginthru »

[quote=""NeilC""]I agree... You can see the transition between Kerbdog and On The Turn, and then again from On The Turn to the Wilt albums, i actually think it's probably pressure from record companies etc "need to be more commercial/radio friendly" maybe? maybe not, but I deffo prefer early Kerbdog stuff...

Oh well....[/quote]

I did once read somewhere that kerbdog were dropped/passed up or something similar for being TOO melodic, is that true?
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

wat andyman said is true battle is prob sick of trying , u would think u2 would pickup on kerbdog and push them forwars like they did for ash ,placebo and other bands

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

[quote=""krustofsky""]u would think u2 would pickup on kerbdog and push them forwars like they did for ash ,placebo and other bands[/quote]

explain?
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

circa 1998 U2 spotted a few bands (ash/placebo) to name a few and took them on tour after this they really broke into the mainstream obviously boner or the edge liked them enough to do this (both acts were already signed but relatively unheard of outside irl/u.k) its a pity they didnt help kerbdog (or wilt) in this way as it would have opened them to a bigger audience , australia and the likes.Maybe its just not meant to be..........

andyman
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by andyman »

its at the stage nowadays where you can only sell records if you dress like some stuck-up model and make 'funky' music.

Tony Montana
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Tony Montana »

My theory as to why there has been no new material is that there was never any intention of writing new material. The reunion was just a fun excercise for that group of mates to play those songs and have a laugh in the process. I'd love to hear new material from either Kerbdog or Wilt, but if it's not to be, well, that's the main reason I really appreciated these gigs, an unexpected chance to see one of my favourite bands in action again.