KERBDOG DECEMBER 19th LIVE DVD

Anything Kerbdog related
mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mexicanwaver »

that looks frickin awesome! Thanks lads.....can't wait for the full thing.

It's probably worth reminding people to download the DivX codec, as it took me a while faffing around to be able to play it.
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

bastinado
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by bastinado »

HOLY SHIT!

this is AWESOME!

got goosebumps all over...

I WANT IT ALL!!!

fantastic job, mr gefow!!

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

[quote=""mexicanwaver""]that looks frickin awesome! Thanks lads.....can't wait for the full thing.

It's probably worth reminding people to download the DivX codec, as it took me a while faffing around to be able to play it.[/quote]

Good point, most of the videos are encoded with Xvid, which you can get here from koepi.org
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

Conor
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by Conor »

Looking forward to seeing the whole thing, congratulations on the good work.
ome monsters in this game freak me out.........

xantheinmidget
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by xantheinmidget »

Cool! Can't wait for it to come out!
Thanks
Alan

www.xanthein.co.uk

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by selwyn »

it looks savage. when will be able to get our paws on a copy???

danny141
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by danny141 »

top man dave cant wait for finished product :)

DaveGefow
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Location: Dublin, Ireland, Europe, Planet Earth, Galaxy 12A, Universe B.

Post by DaveGefow »

[quote=""Phily""]Yep, was asking yourself Dave.
Are you gona use this as a project for College?[/quote]

no its nothing to do with college Phily.

btw just incase people were confused - no the trailer didnt take me 3weeks to make - i had several other things i was doing in that time. the trailer took me just over 1 day to make.

delrio

Re: KERBDOG DECEMBER 19th LIVE DVD

Post by delrio »

[quote=""DaveGefow""]This is gonna take ages if your wondering.........................
But im sure i can make it happen...........................................

The fate of the DVD will be under the control of Kerbdog - but im sure they will have no objections to it being up on this site.[/quote]
If you make an actual DVD of it (i.e. a physical disc that can be mail ordered, as opposed to a downloadable video), is there any chance of an NTSC version of it???

You know, for the American fans like me. :)

'Specially since it doesn't seem likely that Kerbdog will be coming to New Jersey anytime soon! Dammit.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

looks class, fair play!

DaveGefow
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Kerbdog.com Messiah

Post by DaveGefow »

[quote=""delrio""][quote=""DaveGefow""]This is gonna take ages if your wondering.........................
But im sure i can make it happen...........................................

The fate of the DVD will be under the control of Kerbdog - but im sure they will have no objections to it being up on this site.[/quote]
If you make an actual DVD of it (i.e. a physical disc that can be mail ordered, as opposed to a downloadable video), is there any chance of an NTSC version of it???

You know, for the American fans like me. :)

'Specially since it doesn't seem likely that Kerbdog will be coming to New Jersey anytime soon! Dammit.[/quote]

to be honest i have been thinking about this recently. so thanks for bringing it up. its a DVD really more than anything else - and so i want to do a Bastinado job on it - (ie. post the DVD and cover my costs for duplication and post only). i dont want to make any money off this DVD.

the advantages of having it as a DVD is really endless - being able to play it on you TV the way its intended also there would be no video or sound compression which would mean your watching it the same quality as i produced it. also you have a DVD in your hand which people can then copy and distribute to their KD loving friends.

this being said it does make sense to have it on KD.com - but just maybe a few songs as to put the whole film up uncompressed would be a nightmare.

what do people think??

also to answer your question delrio - blank DVD's are Region 0 - this means this DVD will play anywhere arould the world PAL or NTSC dont matter.

you will catch a band called "Saves the Day" around NJ - they are from there and are one of my favorite bands of all time - they have just regned to Vagrant records again - and have a new album comming out - do you know them?

delrio

Post by delrio »

[quote=""DaveGefow""][quote=""delrio""]If you make an actual DVD of it (i.e. a physical disc that can be mail ordered, as opposed to a downloadable video), is there any chance of an NTSC version of it???[/quote]
also to answer your question delrio - blank DVD's are Region 0 - this means this DVD will play anywhere arould the world PAL or NTSC dont matter.[/quote]
Dave, I'm almost 100% certain that PAL and NTSC encoding *do* matter. Just because Region 0 gives me "permission" to play the DVD in a North American made DVD player, doesn't mean that I can view the results, if you see what I mean. I know someone who has a dual-format player for just this purpose (i.e. it does PAL in order to play his British made PAL-encoded DVDs, like BBC shows and such). The problem is is it doesn't convert between formats - he went to some trouble to acquire a TV that can display both formats.
you will catch a band called "Saves the Day" around NJ - they are from there and are one of my favorite bands of all time - they have just regned to Vagrant records again - and have a new album comming out - do you know them?
I'm afraid I don't know much about the local music scene around here. What kind of music would you describe them as?

DaveGefow
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Kerbdog.com Messiah

Post by DaveGefow »

let me give you 2 examples - someone on believe it or not actually from NJ sent me a load of blank DVD's with a band live on it i was able to play it on my Xbox (the most primitive of DVD players)

i also know someone from Athens, Georgia - he sent me a movie he made on a blank DVD and it works perfect.

can someone else back me up here? phily?

was your friend playing officially pressed DVD's or blank ones?

Currently saves the day have heroically returned to their hardcore punk roots.

check them out.

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

So, PAL/NTSC are two types of video encoding (signal/colour/res etc) which are used in different parts of the world. The black and white version would be that the US uses NTSC and Europe mostly uses PAL (check the links to see the different versions of it.) The thing was in the old days when I was younger was that you couldn't play a US video tape (NTSC) as it wouldn't show up correctly on the TV. It would either be all over the place or in black and white or both. The same was true for people in the US who tried to play a Europe video tape on a US video player/TV, it would be all over the place or black and white or both.
The great thing these days is that the majority of TVs/DVD Players (and most new VHS video tape players) can now decode the video signals of PAL/NTSC with ease so allowing us to see video from around the world :)

DVD region codes also needs to be explained.
My basic knowledge of it is that every region in the world is given a region code by those greedy film studio dudes who put money into developing the DVD standard. They did this because they wanted to try to 'control' the sale/renting of DVDs around the world and they thought this would do it.
So the US has a code, majority of Europe has a code, so does China etc. The same way that Nintendo/Micro$soft/Sega sometimes have games for Japanese machines and European machines and US machines.
When they made up the regions they also said, there will be some type DVDs we don't care about, or we don't wanna make lots of different versions so lets have a world wide code. This is region 0.

So, when making a DVD movie yourself and/or friends around the world, make them region 0 so every DVD player can play it. As for the Video Mode, NTSC/PAL, I would us PAL as most people who want this DVD might be from Europe and if someone has issues playing it as it comes up in black and white then they can play it in a PC with no problems. 95% of video equipment bought in the past 5-10 years can handle NTSC and PAL signals.

So, make it region 0. Yea do this in the CD mastering when finalising the edits etc just before the DVD burn.
Also make sure that you encode into PAL. Usually yea select this when your importing video clips into whatever DVD mastering package you are using. I have had minimal experience with this though :) The art of menu making has eluded me.

Thats my 50cents anywho. Tired now. Ah, just noticed I have 101 posts! :) yay!
We also have 100 members!!!
We have 100 registered users,
The newest registered user is jackh
Welcome jackh!
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

delrio

Post by delrio »

[quote=""Phily""]As for the Video Mode, NTSC/PAL, I would us PAL as most people who want this DVD might be from Europe and if someone has issues playing it as it comes up in black and white then they can play it in a PC with no problems. 95% of video equipment bought in the past 5-10 years can handle NTSC and PAL signals.[/quote]
Well, I hear what you're saying. I suspect that your theory that the vast preponderance of video equipment made in the last few years is dual format, is probably true in Europe. But practically no one in north america has so much as heard of PAL, so while I can't positively verify it, I'm pretty sure that equipment over here is still just NTSC. I can borrow a couple of my friend's BBC PAL encoded disks and try playing them (although they might *also* be region coded, which would prevent me from being able to try them).

But as you pointed out, worst case scenario is that even if my regular appliance DVD player and my TV can't display it, then I can almost certainly show it on my computer. I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

Funny that someone should mention North Carolina in this thread. I first heard the 'Dog on a college radio station broadcasting out of one of the "Research triangle" area colleges in NC. I was driving to work one morning and heard what must have been Dry Riser on the radio. I immediately pulled into a parking lot so I could get out my cell phone, call the radio station, and find out who was responsible that utterly awesome sound! God damn, I love that song. :)