on the turn guitar sound in amplitube or guitar rig

Anything Kerbdog related
krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

on the turn guitar sound in amplitube or guitar rig

Post by krustofsky »

i know its a long shot but has any guitarists on here created a on the turn/kerbdog guitar sound with amplitube or guitar rig,ive come close
with amplitubes dual/twin rectifiers  any thoughts or ideas on settings  to share would be great :D
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

dave_k

Re: on the turn guitar sound in amplitube or guitar rig

Post by dave_k »

Id say you'd be doing well to recreate it. Guitar Rig and Amplitude are both very capable bits of software but I remember reading they used all manner of gear combinations to get the tone on OTT. Garth Richardson is a complete analog nut too so its safe to assume there was little or no digital gear in that signal path. Even with something like an Axe Fx which is hands down the best and most accurate modeling gear available I doubt you'd get an exact match. Saying all that if you do get close certainly post a clip, would be very interesting to hear it.
Last edited by dave_k on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSingularity
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by TheSingularity »

GGGarth Interview

Don't know if this helps.

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

cheers,as i said the twin rects hi gain in amplitube  is the  closest ive found,ive pricked around with litearaly hundreds of physical pedals and amps, i reckon gggarth is the only who can recreate it
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

Pointless
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Pointless »

I asked about this in a guitar shop in London a while ago and was told that the Line 6 POD amp modeller was the best bet. I googled it and found some downloads........

http://line6.com/customtone/search/

The problem is I dont have (and cant afford :() a POD so would be interested to know if anyone has tried these downloads.