DERREN DEMPSEY the music maker

Anything Kerbdog related
DaveGefow
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Kerbdog.com Messiah
Location: Dublin, Ireland, Europe, Planet Earth, Galaxy 12A, Universe B.

Post by DaveGefow »

:arrow: Derren the Fourth member of WILT back in the day is now working in Music Maker in Dublin City.

Derren's band "Laminate" who supported the Dog' for the two shows running back in Feb in Dublin broke up not long after that (the night before they were to support KD in Belfast) as their Drummer had enough. the support band that replaced them won the "worst band in the world" award from kerbdog.com :lol Darragh Butler:

:arrow: But good always prevails and in fact Laminate have reformed and i believe with the same drummer.

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mexicanwaver »

Yeah, I was surprised to bump into Derren working behind the counter when I popped in there last week (when I was trying to flog our Kerbdog tickets).

He seemed a really nice guy, so I hope it works for him and the band (Laminate).

The first time I saw him play was not long after he'd joined Wilt, when they played at the Roadhouse in Manchester about 3 or 4 years ago (can't believe it's that long!!!) and he was rocking like a full-on muthafucker.....really enjoying it. I'm always a bit sceptical when bands take on new members (eg. Marty McCarrick in Therapy? :shock: ) but Derren seemed to fit in really well, and actually added something to the band.

I saw Laminate supporting Kerbdog at the TBMC earlier this year, but I wasn't too impressed. Maybe their hearts weren't really in it at the time?
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

andyman
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by andyman »

Yeah, Derren's been knocking around here in Wexford for years now. He's kinda regarded as 'the best guitarest ever' down here. I think Butler drummed for Laminate once or twice come to think of it.

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

[quote=""mexicanwaver""]I saw Laminate supporting Kerbdog at the TBMC earlier this year, but I wasn't too impressed. Maybe their hearts weren't really in it at the time?[/quote]

Have to say that Laminate impressed me as much as the support for the last TBMC gig 'Mike Got Spiked'
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

goatboy
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by goatboy »

I really enjoyed Laminate at the two Dublin gigs at the start of the year and bought their CD, which is awesome.

I was sad to hear they split up but am glad they're back together.

I think their drummer (Mark I think) played a few gig for Therapy? too.