Kerbdogs influences?

Anything Kerbdog related
ninjated
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Kerbdogs influences?

Post by ninjated »

It should be obvious who their influences were by all the covers they recorded yet most of the first album sound like none of the bands they covered.
I remember when the first album came out they were usually thrown into a genre with bands like Quicksand & Helmet but the Dog sounded different! I've always said that album has some of the best hardcore riffs I've ever heard on it... Dummy Crusher has a Verse riff most NYHC bands would be jealous of!!! I've been playing in hardcore bands for the past 15 years and that album still inspires me. Strip away the vocals and the music is pretty damn brutal!!!

Pointless
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Re: Kerbdogs influences?

Post by Pointless »

Hard to say what influenced it - I think that is why we all still listen to it over and over to this day. It was original and fresh sounding. Metallica's Black album is the obvious one but that may be simplifying it. I only started listening to it circa 1997 and not a week goes by where I dont listen to a track from it. I always wonder how it would do if it was released these days - I think we would still find it hard to name influences!
Last edited by Pointless on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.