bands who contributed to pledge

Anything Kerbdog related
krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

bands who contributed to pledge

Post by krustofsky »

ive recently done my best to contact all the bands/artists who recorded covers for pledge a tribute to kerbdog about how kerbdog have influenced them and why they chose the song to cover.My first response was from the band Kneivel Genuis,i tried contacting all the bands/artists by all means possible(myspace,facebook,website email adresses),if any are reading this please pm me or phily or check your myspace/facebook inbox and get back asap.
The folowing is a few from words Kneivel genius,keep tuned and hopefully well get more responses :D

"Knievel Genius

Everyone knows the simple equation upon which the foundation of music was built for years; rock + melody = cheese. The dawn of alternative rock in the late 80s changed this to a certain extent; Dinosaur Jnr, Nirvana, Pearl Jam et al all authored epic rock tunes, however none really had the bone-crunching riff machine to really seal the deal… Until Kerbdog

As a band who strive to make music which is both immeasurably heavy and resoundingly melodic, the ‘Dog have really lain down the gauntlet and the standard by which all others should be judged. As a kid I had a tape (remember them?!) in my car with two albums on it – “On the Turn” on one side and “Something to write home about” (by the Get Up Kids) on the other. One side provided my pre-emo emotional introversions, the other pure unadulterated rock heaven from start to finish. Unfortunately the tape was only 45 mins long, so it was quite a nice surprise to hear that there were tracks after Pointless when I finally got hold of the CD…

We were quite late into the fold for Pledge and as our first choices had been taken, we decided to tackle one of the lesser known tracks from the first album and attempted, perhaps foolishly, to place our stamp upon it. There ain’t such a thing as a bad Kerbdog song and so to attempt to also cover “On the Turn” (the song, not the full album…) at the lauch gig for the album was no doubt equally foolish. Fortunately for us Cormac had turned up early and told me he thought our version was better than the original. No doubt he was bullshitting me, but still one of the greatest moments of my life so far. Thank you Cormac and thank you Kerbdog."
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Re: bands who contributed to pledge

Post by krustofsky »

Dave from the band Stations was kind enough to send me a few words

"It would be no understatement to say that Kerbdog's combination of melody and huge, heavy, dark riffs have been one of, if not the single biggest influences on any musical endeavour I’ve been involved in. Everything from the dropped D tuning, the abrasive heavy riffs, opening up to huge anthemic choruses all hit home in a way no band had before when I first heard the self titled album. It was before the days of jumping online and easily looking up more music or info so I remember searching everywhere, buying every issue of Kerrang, Metal Hammer etc to keep up to date with Kerbdog news, concert reviews etc. Trawling through every music shop around Camden looking to pick up copies of the singles so Id have all the b-sides. It was an effort that was always rewarding too, with each of their b-sides being every bit as good as any of the album tracks. They just struck a nerve with me that few bands had before and even fewer have since.

Getting involved in Pledge was a great opportunity to say thanks to Kerbdog guys, even if it meant murdering one of their songs it just meant a lot to be able to get involved and show the guys what an impact they've had. We were slightly late getting on board and Phil had told us he'd prefer if we tackled a song from the first album. We had tried a few ideas and initially even started recording a version of End Of Green, but then decided on Schism. It was always a favourite of ours from that album and just seemed to lend itself really well towards our lower tuning. In all honesty listening back to it there’s a ton of things on that recording Id loved to have done differently if we had a bit more time but saying that I don’t think all the time in the world would be enough when you're attempting to cover one of your favourite tracks by one of your favourite bands. Hopefully we didn’t butcher it too badly anyway!!"
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

PhilStressed
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by PhilStressed »

I've got a few bits (somewhere) from the bands if you would them?

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Please do pass anything you have on!
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming