Your Kerbdog Collection

Anything Kerbdog related
Tiamat

Re: Your Kerbdog Collection

Post by Tiamat »

Got the albums, all singles, one promo one too I think, couple of T's, couple of caps, set list from The Richmond (circa 1996/1997) Bastinado release poster etc etc

Pointless
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Pointless »

I have just come across a Kerbdog Tour Itinerary from 1993's end of green tour for sale on a number of record dealer websites. Just wondering does anyone have it already? Most websites are looking for £27 for it while one american site is looking for $43. Not sure if its worth it. What do ye think?

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Pointless wrote: I have just come across a Kerbdog Tour Itinerary from 1993's end of green tour for sale on a number of record dealer websites. Just wondering does anyone have it already? Most websites are looking for £27 for it while one american site is looking for $43. Not sure if its worth it. What do ye think?
I've seen those for sale alright - never been bothered to buy one as they are going for way over what I would pay for them.
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

delrio wrote: And then there's what used to be the crown jewels of my collection, the "B-Sides and Rarities" 2 CD set put together by the members of the old Wilt/Kerbdog fan group at wilt.tsx.org.  I say "used to be", because the CDRs died on me...  :'(  Fortunately I managed to grab high-quality mp3s of most of almost all the songs before they became unreadable...
That sounds awfully like the 2 CD set that Russell Quinn made, though that CD set was circa 1996 or 1997 and was on the Kerbdog or Wilt mailing list he used to run. TBH, it's just the B-sides of all the singles really. Most of those tracks'll be on the media section here.

KerbMag

Post by KerbMag »

Kerbdog - CD album
End of Green - CD single (b/w In A Rut, Kerosene)
Earthworks - 7" single w/ logo sticker (b/w Cleaver, Scram)
Dry Riser - CD single (b/w New Day Rising, Suspect Device)
Dry Riser - 7" clear vinyl single (b/w Same With The Hammer)
Dummy Crusher - CD single (b/w Kennedy, Debaser)
Dummy Crusher - CD single (b/w Mildred Pierce, This Is Not A Love Song)
Dummy Crusher - 7" single (b/w Too Much Too Young)
Dummy Crusher - 12" picture disc single (b/w Mr Clean, Don't Stand In Line)
On The Turn - CD album, signed by Battle (chased Daragh 'round the Newcastle Riverside but he got away!?)
On The Turn - Vinyl LP
JJ's Song - CD EP, Ltd to 2,000 copies (b/w Didn't Even Try, Hard To Live, Gridlock)
JJ's Song - promo only CD single
Sally - CD single (b/w My Acquaintance, Retro Ready)
Sally - CD single (b/w Dyed In The Wool, Spence)
Sally - CD single (b/w Dragging Through, The Fear)
Mexican Wave - CD single (b/w Sally live, On The Turn live)
Mexican Wave - CD single ( b/w Dry Riser live, Pledge live)
Mexican Wave - CD single (b/w End Of Green live, Secure live)
Mexican Wave - promo only CD single
Last edited by KerbMag on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave_k

Post by dave_k »

One track that always seems to be missing from peoples collections is Something In My Head, a Dry Riser 7" B-side. I have all my vinyls in storage so I cant lay my hands on it right now although I almost sure I have a copy of the mp3 too. Its not on my current hard drive but Im sure I can find it around here somewhere. Its a really nice little track, quite a lot more mellow and melodic then the majority of their earlier stuff (actually not a million miles different to Wilt now I think of it). Random bit of trivia, its actually cover of a track by Jerusalem Taxis, another Kilkenny band featuring JJ Cantwell (of JJ's song fame). Ill have a look for it over the next few days and if I can find it Ill certainly upload it for you all, presuming none of the lads have any objections.

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Ah, always good to hear tracks I've never heard before :) if yea throw it up on an file-upload site I will throw it into the media gallery on here

Update: just found the vinyl on eBay. Took awhile to find, turned out it was listed as "kirbdog dry riser" :) again, eBay is a bad place for my bank account! This record looks like a fairly rare one
Last edited by Phily on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Sorry For The Record-

dave_k

Post by dave_k »

Well I found it anyway, the quality isnt mind blowing as it was taken from a line out of an old vinyl player a few years back.

http://www.becomingproductions.net/SIMH.zip

I just zipped it and threw it up on my site so feel free to download it and stick it up on the gallery here, enjoy!!

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Cheers Dave, will see about getting it into the media gallery.  When I get my vinyl I will see about getting it re-ripped.
-Sorry For The Record-

Pointless
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Pointless »

Quick Question for ye. Just saw on wikipiedia that Kerbdog's debut album was called 'Totally Switched' in the US, is this right? I assume it was the same as the european release or was there any bonus tracks?

Its the first time i have seen it refered as that, bit of a lame title if you ask me - has 'record company decision' written all over it!

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Yea, I think it was a record company trying to jazz it up a bit. Maybe they don't like having the same album name as the band.
-Sorry For The Record-

Pointless
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Pointless »

Thanks Phily, thought i might have missed out on something!

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

Pointless wrote: Quick Question for ye. Just saw on wikipiedia that Kerbdog's debut album was called 'Totally Switched' in the US, is this right? I assume it was the same as the european release or was there any bonus tracks?
A friend of mine had the US release. The cover was absolutely identical to the UK/Irish one. I don't remember the album being renamed, but then it might have been. The main difference was, the cover was made out of non glossy paper and the CD didn't have an image on it, it was cream/white with green writing IIRC. It def didn't have the image the Euro one had at ant rate. This was back in 1995/1996 thoygh, so forgive my memory.

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Have a look at the CD/covers of my US copy here - http://www.Kerbdog.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1254
The European and Japaneses versions I have are the same, just that the JPN version has another inlay card with the lyrics in Japanese and English. Those are here, here and here
-Sorry For The Record-

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

WOW! Did I actually remember that correctly? hah!

Edit: I notice that it doesn't mention this "title" that some have mentioned. That does look exactly like the version my mate had. He got it whilst working in Pennsylvania, so it was def the US release.
Last edited by memson on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.