Helmet's new album...

Posts about any bands or gigs not directly related to the above bands
mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Helmet's new album...

Post by mexicanwaver »

The new Helmet album is out on July 18th. Has anyone heard it yet?

I've heard a couple of songs and it's sounding quite brutal. The production is back to the earlier 'Meantime'/'Strap it on' style.

Don't think they'll ever recreate the magic of the mid-90's, due to the changes in personnel, but still - it's always cool to hear new tunes that Page Hamilton comes up with.
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

drexl

Helmet's new album...

Post by drexl »

I prefer 'Size Matters' to the new album, but like you said the earlier stuff kicked ass!

Did anyone see them at Download last year? They played twice and totally rocked.

Page is getting a bit Grey though!

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Helmet's new album...

Post by selwyn »

ive downloaded all their albums in the last week or so and they're feckin deadly. they really have that raw heavy guitar sound goin thats similar to KD's. the new album is quite good too.

END OF GREEN

Re: Helmet's new album...

Post by END OF GREEN »

I absolutely love HELMET.Saw them last year at the Bristol Academy and it was excellent.Its a shame John Stanier ain't still with the band cos he is up there with the best drummers in the world AFAIC, but the new guy they've got is really good all the same.

Love the "Betty" Album cos its so original its crazy.And Wilma's Rainbow is one hell of a way to start an album! 8)