Kerb-a-likes

Posts about any bands or gigs not directly related to the above bands
rightsidebrain

Re: Kerb-a-likes

Post by rightsidebrain »

Hey so I can't find anywhere that I can actually listen to Kids Near Water ..... can't find them on MySpace or anything..... you wanna send me a track???

Anyways, I know someone has said it before.... but....

LEFT SIDE BRAIN

www.myspace.com/leftsidebrain

Seriously, some of the tracks off their new album could be Kerbdog tracks, very similar harmonies and massive melodic riffery....

[glow=red,2,300]AND[/glow]

REUBEN

www.myspace.com/wordsfromreuben

They don't really sound like Kerbdog, but they are still my favourtie band, so I had to represent...

Oh.... and my band suported PHEMA once and they were fucking cool, so I agree with Ash... check them out...

steve-b

Re: Kerb-a-likes - Biffy Clyro

Post by steve-b »

The new Biffy Clyro stuff is pretty On the Turn-ish and Cormac was sayin that they are fans of the dog.
GGGarth produced the album so its already on the way to sounding like kerbdog.

From online review:

"To help them make Puzzle, they chose Canadian producer Garth Richardson, inspired by his work with Rage Against The Machine and Kerbdog, and an innate sense of his "great vibe." The venture saw them fly to Vancouver, then to Richardson's stunning ranch studio in the forests of Gibson to record their masterwork. The collaboration bore exceptional fruit, but the band admit it took time after recording their previous three albums on a budget and at speed - to adapt to recording in the same way as their heroes."

By the way i have the first KD album on 12" vinyl, not thinking of selling at the mo but is it worth anything more than 15bucks!?
i got a bone to pick with capitalism... and a few to break...

kerbdawg

Post by kerbdawg »

I think if you want to use On The Turn as a reference point then you should really check out "Slip" by Quicksand.

I think there must've been a fair amount of inspiration from that album!

It's amazing. one of my all time faves.
I am making a list, I'm putting all of your names on it...

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

Post by krustofsky »

if its heavy guitars and sweet melodies your after weezer are a good bet
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

ninjated
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by ninjated »

dragginthru wrote:
Conor wrote: I remember reading an interview with InMe where they said they're bug Battle fans and I could hear all the little nods to him in their music ever after.
Conor
And yeah they are, I was out with them a year or so ago and playing air guitar to JJs song with Dave McPherson (singer) in the club night I used to run in Northampton. Dave loves On The Turn but doesnt like the first album a great deal, thinks is too much like metallica!
what club did you run in northampton?
i lived there from around '96 to '00 and spent most of my time in the racehorse, lounge, bass clef and a couple of other metal clubs i've forgotten the names of!

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by dragginthru »

ninjated wrote:
dragginthru wrote:
Conor wrote: I remember reading an interview with InMe where they said they're bug Battle fans and I could hear all the little nods to him in their music ever after.
Conor
And yeah they are, I was out with them a year or so ago and playing air guitar to JJs song with Dave McPherson (singer) in the club night I used to run in Northampton. Dave loves On The Turn but doesnt like the first album a great deal, thinks is too much like metallica!
what club did you run in northampton?
i lived there from around '96 to '00 and spent most of my time in the racehorse, lounge, bass clef and a couple of other metal clubs i've forgotten the names of!
Sorry mate only just saw this.
I ran DYSFUNCTION which was mondays at legends, for about 2 years. It was a bit post your time, as we were 2002 ish.
The other clubs you probably went to were Madisons and Cookie Club I should think!
G
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D