Fighting With Wire

Wanna post about your band, post about them in here with a link or two to some tracks
vigo

Fighting With Wire

Post by vigo »

not really my band, i just do their website. Fighting With Wire supported Kerbdog a couple of times last year so some of you might know them - have a wee look / listen at:

http://www.fightingwithwire.co.uk

THE INSEMINATOR

Fighting With Wire

Post by THE INSEMINATOR »

Fighting with wire very much ROCK..saw them in laverys many a time:-)

kerbdawg

Re: Fighting With Wire

Post by kerbdawg »

just thought i'd bump this one up a bit cos we CANNOT let this band go by the wayside much like the very band this whole forum is about!
I've known some of the guys since they were in the much overlooked band clearshot. (which everyone should check out too)
It was criminal they never got more recognition. but now dont let the same thing happen with FWW.

They're simply just far too good. Everyone should go see them live whenever they get a chance. they're doing a UK tour very soon so all the peeps over there get right behind them!

Zane Lowe has been getting behind them a bit lately too on his radio 1 show.
The album "Man Vs. Monster" is absolutely stunning. the best album released by an irish band since on the turn.

If there's one album you buy this year, let it be Man Vs. Monster. If there's one band you go see live this year, let it be Fighting with Wire.
They're the hardest working band in the country and they deserve massive success.

End of rant!
www.myspace.com/fightingwithwire

(dont forget to check out clearshot too! http://www.myspace.com/clearshotrocks )

Enjoy!
I am making a list, I'm putting all of your names on it...

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mexicanwaver »

Here's an update from their Myspace page:

"Small Town America Records will be making an exclusive batch of 500 copies of Fighting With Wire's forthcoming single (which I can't tell you the name of yet!).

Every single one of the very limited edition singles will be unique because YOU will send us the artwork, and YOU will have your name, age, and home town on your copy!

If you look at the black and white slideshow on our homepage you will be able to see the pictures we are talking about. They are part of the "Where do you live" project. If you haven't got the picture from us yet, or don't know what I am on about, just send a message and I'll sort you out!

We want 500 different versions of the single, so every single one is unique! If you want to get a copy of your very own FWW single with your picture and details printed on it, let us know the info above and we'll put you on this rather exclusive list!

Sam FWW Team

PS - The list is growing, get your pic and info in to be part of this little part of fighting with wire history!"
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

kerbdawg

Post by kerbdawg »

just a wee update, and i dunno if it's been announced by the band or anything, but they signed a deal with Atlantic on tuesday. I just found out from their drummer Craig today. so it's official enough!
well deserved i must say!
I am making a list, I'm putting all of your names on it...

mackenziejordan

Post by mackenziejordan »

They're simply just far too good. Everyone should go see them live whenever they get a chance. they're doing a UK tour very soon so all the peeps over there get right behind them!