Wilt audio bootlegs

Any posts about 'Wilt' go here, thoughts etc.
memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Wilt audio bootlegs

Post by memson »

Is anyone interested if I get a couple of Wilt bootlegs uploaded? They're ametuer recordings.. as in, I did them. The sound quality is "okay" but not 100% super perfect. They are a gig in Camden (their third London gig IIRC) and an in store performance they did the next day at the Rockbox in Camberley in Surrey. Both are going to be in 2000 I think. The full gig was interesting, because Charlotte Hatherley was in the audience ;) I was with a few people, including Simon Young from Kerrang, and I think some other guys from Kerrang were there too. We ended up going to the after show in some weird bar in Camden and Battle looked absolutely shattered. Oh, and Steve Lamacq was about too and was interviewing/letching some girl band.. don't remember their name. Good evening was had by all  ;D

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wilt audio bootlegs

Post by Phily »

dude, definitely! Wanna upload them on one of those file upload/download sites and I can get them into the Media Gallery?
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

No worries! (MEH)

I have two versions, original source cassette and minidisc. I *think* I can find the cassettes without too much hassle, but I lent my minidisc recorder to a mate, so I'll have to get that back on Tuesday before I can def do the conversion.  I've litterally just located the minidiscs, so recorder is the only bit missing.

They are:
    Camden Monarch, 18/10/99 - a full set.
    Rockbox (in store), Camberley 19/10/99 - this is about 4 or 5 songs, but I also got the soundcheck.

They looked a bit hung over at the Rockbox one. But they were cool and they signed a lot of stuff.. I even got them to sign a copy of the Kerbdod S/t  (well, Mick made a joke about not signing it, but Battle and Darragh did.)

I sold all my Wilt stuff appart from Bastinado (with the extra CD) and a copy of No Worries single I got as a promo about 4 months before it was released. Shame really.. ah, no, the money was handy thinking about it ;)

Tripp
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

Post by Tripp »

Wow they played the RockBox?! I've been there  :)

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

Not forgotten, just lacking of time.

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

Both in mp3 now, but I need to re-do the full gig as the rockbox came out much better using a slightly different set-up. I'll upload the rockbox at some point this week!

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

Okay, Rockbox should be ready.. I'll pM the details to Phily.

The audio I've posted is the FULL audio. Not sure if Phily will cut it. The audio I posted includes the soundcheck (and interestingly, Battle plays a bit of the start of a Sugar song.. um.. "The same" I think it was called..) Only the first bar or so, but still fascinating.

I think they soundchecked one of the songs they played in the real set. You'll have to forgive the sound of my bag being opened and closed. The set is about 5 songs... it was me shouting for Open Arms (quietly.)

The venue was small. The gig was loud. The quality is fair. It's not super duper though. There was about 15 - 30 people there. Wilt signed things after. They'd played the Monarch (now called Barfly) in Camden the night before. I took some photos with an oldschool camera. If I dig them out, I'll scan them.

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

I've decided not to touch the recording that Memson made as yea would lose some of the context of the chatting if yea skipped through the tracks :)
You can find the gigs file here: http://www.kerbdog.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=10
Its under "Wilt - At The Rockbox 1999"

Cheers again Memson, your a wealth of media and info

-Phily
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

Here's more info on the Rockbox:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en ... 643&dtab=0

As you can see, it's a weirld little place to have a Wilt "gig" on at.

fyfe79
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by fyfe79 »

Thanks Memson for providing this, and Philly for uploading it - I must download it when I get the chance.

I have a video of Therapy? playing at the Rock Box in 2004, the sound was atrocious as the guitar was inaudible compared to the drums!  I hope the Wilt show is a bit better :)

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

I ran the recording through a 20 band EQ (audio unit on a Mac running Reaper.)  I adjusted the highest and lowest bands down, to lessen the bass boom and cymbol mush. Other than that, the only filter is the fact that the dictaphone was in my bag.

For the tools used, it's actually a pretty good result.

co_fragment

Post by co_fragment »

I realise the full recording is up, but I wanted a version chopped up into songs 'cause I'm really impatient. So with full props to Memson for the original recording, you can download it here - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XBWEF7FE - it's on Megaupload so it won't last forever.

It's cut into 7 tracks, 192kps MP3 (not FLAC as I wanted to play it in my generic mp3 player).
All the best.