Wilt - Never Enough

Any posts about 'Wilt' go here, thoughts etc.
Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Wilt - Never Enough

Post by Phily »

Anyone hear this tune?  Just got it in a few Wilt singles today, thought I heard all of their tunes and this one popped up - tis fairly good
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

miece
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Re: Wilt - Never Enough

Post by miece »

yeah i had it on the single ages ago.

its defo taken from the 3rd kerbdog album but they used it with Wilt

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Yea, sounds really Kerbdog-ish
-Sorry For The Record-

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

They def used to play it at the pre Bastinado gigs. I missed the entire My Medicine era, but I saw every gig they played in London up till the around April 2000. I forget when Bastinado was released, but it was between their first London gig and the last time I saw them play Camden. It was als played at the Funnel gig IIRC.

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phily »

Bastinado was released in 2000, can't remember the month though :) around November maybe as stated on a promo single I have
-Sorry For The Record-

fyfe79
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by fyfe79 »

Yeah, great tune.  Probably my favourite of the Wilt tunes.
I remember them opening their set with it in Cork in 1999, I think. A great opener, cos the crowd went nuts.

Towards the end of Wilt (2002, I guess), I saw them in Kilkenny (some downstairs wine bar, or something?) and they opened with 'Distortion' - a really bad opener, especially as the intro tape fucked up and they had to re-set it and play it again. The crowd just stood there, embarrassed. I remember thinking at the time that Wilt were on their last legs.

memson
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by memson »

Phily wrote: Bastinado was released in 2000, can't remember the month though :) around November maybe as stated on a promo single I have
Dunno mate. I get really confused. I had a pre-release since their first London gig with most of the album on it, so it all merges in to one mush.

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mexicanwaver »

Phily wrote: Bastinado was released in 2000, can't remember the month though :) around November maybe as stated on a promo single I have
July 2000 I believe. I remember watching them in a small pub in Wrexham at the start of July, then the album got released a couple of weeks later. But I can't remember exactly - maybe that was the anticipated date, but it got delayed?
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mexicanwaver »

fyfe79 wrote: Towards the end of Wilt (2002, I guess), I saw them in Kilkenny (some downstairs wine bar, or something?) and they opened with 'Distortion' - a really bad opener, especially as the intro tape fecked up and they had to re-set it and play it again. The crowd just stood there, embarrassed. I remember thinking at the time that Wilt were on their last legs.
I remember watching Wilt on a couple of support slots towards the end and I just got the impression that maybe their hearts weren't in it anymore and perhaps lost the drive that they'd had at the time of Bastinado. They'd lost the excitement and kind of seemed like a band that weren't destined for greatness...
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

biffy773

Post by biffy773 »

Its a great tune. Still got the cd single. Scratched to fuck though!!

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

Post by dragginthru »

Never Enough was on a split promo CD with a band called LIGHTS who Wilt were touring with at the time, they were giving them away at the shows :)
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

biffy773

Post by biffy773 »

Just found my cd!! It was on the 'Its all over now' single with 'working for the man' on it as well. Still plays ok amazingly. Great tune.