wilt rock

Any posts about 'Wilt' go here, thoughts etc.
sarah

wilt rock

Post by sarah »

ah good now theres a topic! twas a bit lonely here...

fyfe79
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

wilt rock

Post by fyfe79 »

They certainly do. And dare I say, with better material than Kerbdog?

I mean ya can't go wrong with tracks like Peroxatine, My Medicine, Distortion, Never Enough, can ya?

It's a shame the production on the first album was so cheap though.

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

wilt rock

Post by Phily »

I believe that both Wilt and Kerbdog had/have their good points. It sounds nearly like some of the initial Wilt material was written when Kerbdog where together.
My 2cents
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

wilt rock

Post by selwyn »

i have to disagree with fyfe79. kerbdog's material was much better. For example 90% of Kerbdog's B-sides could easily have made appearances on their two albums. Also ya couldnt jump around or mosh to wilts music. it was too tame and mainstream for me. Dont get me wrong, i loved wilts music, Their songs are catchy as fuck. but i still reckon KD were much better and had more to offer.....

andyman
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

wilt rock

Post by andyman »

If you've seen their first show you'll notice all the songs bar about two ended up as b-sides on the Bastinado singles. Dunno whether it was KD's new material or the lads felt they could write better new material. Either way, I think it's an interesting point.

fyfe79
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

wilt rock

Post by fyfe79 »

Don't get me wrong, I loved Kerbdog back in the day but now when i listen to a lot of the stuff, it just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I've kinda outgrown it, it seems. And this from a guy who insisted his band covered 'JJs Song' religiously back in 97/98. But the Wilt stuff has an 'extra' demension to it that I'm enjoying a lot.

Also, Battle pretty much wrote all 4 albums, the Wilt two being his 3rd and 4th efforts, so he was probably improving as a songwriter.

Having said all that, it could be just my current taste. Or am I just mad?
Ha, I could well be back in 6 months saying Wilt were shite and the 'Dog was the bee's bollocks :D Cormac Battle:

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

wilt rock

Post by mexicanwaver »

[quote=""fyfe79""]Also, Battle pretty much wrote all 4 albums, the Wilt two being his 3rd and 4th efforts, so he was probably improving as a songwriter.[/quote]

You could also argue the point that by the 3rd or 4th album, a songwriter has exhausted their creativity. I'm not saying that Cormac did, but I'm just making the point.

For me, the On The Turn album is near enough perfection......and it was always gonna be hard for them to come up with something better than that. Especially considering the huge production budget they 'blew' on it.

On top of that, Kerbdog had some awesome b-sides for Sally and JJ's Song.

Wilt were still great, but the My Medicine album definitely sounded more generic (even with Cormac's distinctive vocals). I think they were also fairly inconsistent. Each Wilt album had high and low points, and many of the b-sides were hit and miss.

I loved both Wilt and Kerbdog. But for me Kerbdog were always the preference......not because they were heavier either (I'm not really into massively heavy rock). I just think they had more of a cutting edge.....they did what they do best.
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

krustofsky
Administrator
Administrator

wilt rock

Post by krustofsky »

on the turn in my humble opinion is the only album on par with nirvanas nevermind of our "generation".bastinado comes close and the cheap budget only made it sound more raw and live,whearas my medicine was very polished , a lot of wilt bsides cud be mistakern for kerbdog songs,however both bands ROCK ,battle is incapable of writing a bad song,some of the best gigs ive been at were wilt gigs in their early days,sad wat happend to them but still us hardcore kd fans got a dream cum true when they reformed.
they mostly come on wedesdays,mostly

mexicanwaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

wilt rock

Post by mexicanwaver »

[quote=""krustofsky""]on the turn in my humble opinion is the only album on par with nirvanas nevermind of our "generation"[/quote]

For me, Troublegum would also be up there, but maybe slightly eclipsed
I dance to all the wrong songs. I enjoy all the wrong moves...

selwyn
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

wilt rock

Post by selwyn »

troublegum was good album but i found it very repetitive in places.

fyfe79
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

wilt rock

Post by fyfe79 »

Take off the 'repeat' function on your cd player. 8)

Kerbpuppy
Kerbdog.com Believer
Kerbdog.com Believer

wilt rock

Post by Kerbpuppy »

Oooh, Wilt or Kerbdog... I listened to My Medicine the other day for the 1st time in ages and remembered how good it is... but my favourite of Battle's 4, would still have to be the 1st KD album. Maybe because of how green it is, maybe because of the memories it conjures up, or just because the songs are f'kin awesome!!

I have always felt that KD's and Wilt's b-sides were better than a lot of the album tracks too. Maybe not better even, but he had enough quality material for 6 or 7 albums easily...

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

wilt rock

Post by dragginthru »

[quote=""selwyn""]Also ya couldnt jump around or mosh to wilts music. it was too tame and mainstream for me.[/quote]

When my band supported Wilt a few years ago, we had a lovely little mosh going afterwards when they were playing, I got bruised to bits! :D
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D

Phily
Administrator
Administrator

wilt rock

Post by Phily »

What was/is the name of the band you are/where in doing the support? :)
-Sorry For The Record-
My Kerbdog/Wilt Collection
OverPlay.net - a cheap UK/US/IE/+ VPN Service for VOD/Streaming

dragginthru
Kerbdog.com Roadie
Kerbdog.com Roadie

wilt rock

Post by dragginthru »

[quote=""Phily""]What was/is the name of the band you are/where in doing the support? :)[/quote]

We were called EMULSION. It was the precursor to DRY RISE, basically a bit more angsty and punk. Nothing too exciting but it laid the foundations for DRY RISE after a name change and a slight style shift towards rock/metal :)

The gig was at the Brighton Pressure Point (formerly The Richmond) and was on the release date of the "Distortion" single.

It was a strange sensation indeed as I could see Cormac and Darragh watching from near the front!!!!
ttp://www.myspace.com/dryriseband - check out Dry Rise cover of Kerbdog's "Dragging Through" - online to hear now!!! :D